Home · Register · Software · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

Working from A Roller Case - How Do You Do It?

amonline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #1 · p.3 #1 · Working from A Roller Case - How Do You Do It?

ZachOly wrote:
Navigator doesn't hold enough gear (IMO).

Held all the same stuff I carried in the TTAS. Just separated my speed lights out, since I only used them during the reception anyway.

Mar 08, 2017 at 01:23 AM
BSPhotog
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #2 · p.3 #2 · Working from A Roller Case - How Do You Do It?

amonline wrote:
Held all the same stuff I carried in the TTAS. Just separated my speed lights out, since I only used them during the reception anyway.

I snagged a deal on a basically new TTAN from eBay for about half of retail, so I'll be giving it a test drive soon! Really looking forward to trying it out.

Mar 22, 2017 at 07:15 PM
BSPhotog
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #3 · p.3 #3 · Working from A Roller Case - How Do You Do It?

BSPhotog wrote:
I snagged a deal on a basically new TTAN from eBay for about half of retail, so I'll be giving it a test drive soon! Really looking forward to trying it out.

I've been using the TT Airport Navigator for a few weeks now and I'm astounded by how much stuff I can safely carry and easily get to. In the bag, I have the following

2x D800
D7100
28mm f/1.8g
35mm f/2
50mm f/1.4 Art
60mm f/2.8d
85mm f/1.4d
180mm f/2.8d
300mm f/4d

All of this, along with some of the regular small accessories like a rocket blower, cleaning gear, ND filder, a fist full of EN-EL15s, memory cards, rain cover, etc.

My one big criticism moving to this from a more traditional should bag, though, is the lack of storage space for miscellaneous small crap, like adapters, extra contact lenses, wires, medicines, tools, gum, whatever. To remedy this, I bought an overpriced ThinkTank pouch (Powerhouse Pro) to stuff in there as well. It actually works out because I had a big space that wasn't wide enough for a lens, but fits this perfectly.

I shot a 2 day event this weekend with this setup and it really was a dream. I had 2 bodies on me strapped to my MoneyMaker, so that open space in the bag held a few extra speedlights. I'll have my first wedding with this bag setup this coming weekend.

May 01, 2017 at 04:50 AM
amonline
• • • • •
p.3 #4 · p.3 #4 · Working from A Roller Case - How Do You Do It?

I was told it was a hidden gem. So, I tell people about it too. It looks small, but it is so easy to work from, and holds plenty.

It's funny you mention the powerhouse. As I began to read that paragraph, it was coming to mind before I saw you mention it. I actually almost got one back then as a sidekick for the same reason; but now I need it for iPad & mobile crap. lol

Anyway, glad to hear the bag's working out for ya.

May 01, 2017 at 05:03 PM
Holger
• •
p.3 #5 · p.3 #5 · Working from A Roller Case - How Do You Do It?

Think tank advantage. Very nicely build, light, still a lot of room to store cameras + lenses.

May 05, 2017 at 06:34 AM
1       2      
       end

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password