New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · Window Gaze

talfulano
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Window Gaze

Indian woman in El Centro, Cali, Colombia.

Aug 29, 2016 at 06:14 PM
film_4ever
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Window Gaze

Very impressive image.

She has a very colorful dress, wristbands, and hair band and such a beautiful face.

I think it could have been improved with a larger aperture, to blur some of the background. IMHO, the background is very busy and detracts from the lady in the foreground gazing at the window, and whats inside.

TFS!

Aug 30, 2016 at 09:44 AM
talfulano
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Window Gaze

Thanks, good ideas. It was a very quick snap.

Aug 30, 2016 at 11:22 AM
Ray Riedel

p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Window Gaze

I keep trying to figure out how there appears to be a reflection of three of her fingers in the window, but as I go up and down in the window nothing else matches other than the blue texture. I'm wondering if she was looking at herself?

I think the greater DOF puts her in context. My eyes start with her as she dominates the image, then I see the people in the street and glance down the street where there seems to be some commotion, then back to her where I notice the reflected fingers.

This could be a nice wall hanger in a waiting room. Lots to discover and wonder about. Where was this shot?

Aug 30, 2016 at 09:43 PM
Ray Riedel

p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Window Gaze

Looking again, I just noticed the yellow spikes on the step. I see a contrast between the pretty girl in a bright dress and a harsh environment. There is a narrative here.

I once saw a B&W news photo on display in Germany. I believe the photo was from South Africa. A teenage white girl is buying a bottle of pop from a vending machine while a black boy looks on. Looked like a poor area, but I don't recall specifics about the environment and why the area looked poor. The photo didn't seem to have much narrative or art about it. I didn't get the point of the photo until I noticed the strap on her shoulder didn't go to a purse -it went to a machine gun.

Aug 30, 2016 at 09:54 PM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.