Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · X-Rite i1 Display Pro: Should i trust the "Measure and adjust for f...

Evangelos Makris
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · X-Rite i1 Display Pro: Should i trust the "Measure and adjust for flare"?

Hello,

i am new to color calibration and recently purchased the X-rite i1 Display pro to use for my Dell U2715H monitor.
So far i love the i1, i think it is really simple to use and very useful at the same time.

In my editing office, i have a roof lamp that i cannot block and its light hits my monitor.
My question is if i should trust the "Measure and adjust for flare" option in the i1 software, or if i should leave it unchecked.

The profiler suggests a luminance of 80cd/m^2 for this room.

Kindest regards,
Evangelos

Aug 28, 2016 at 08:12 AM
jrhoffman75
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · X-Rite i1 Display Pro: Should i trust the "Measure and adjust for flare"?

Can you fashion a hood for the monitor to shield it from overhead light?

You could calibrate with and without the option and see what you get? I have not used that option so I can't comment on it.

Aug 28, 2016 at 08:43 PM
EB-1
• • • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · X-Rite i1 Display Pro: Should i trust the "Measure and adjust for flare"?

I never go lower than 100 nits and I turn off any ambient corrections. At least for calibration turn off the overhead light if you cannot block the monitor with a hood as mentioned above.

EBH

Aug 28, 2016 at 10:02 PM
Paul Mo
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · X-Rite i1 Display Pro: Should i trust the "Measure and adjust for flare"?

I use black flute board as three-sided monitor hoods with a small window (with flap) cut out at the top to drop the puck through. They can be stuck to the monitors using your choice of posh 3M removable sticky patches.

Aug 28, 2016 at 11:55 PM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.