New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · Yongnuo RF-603N II Wireless Flash Trigger Problem

chowpa99

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Yongnuo RF-603N II Wireless Flash Trigger Problem

Hi Everyone

I use a Nikon D3s to shoot hockey and speed skating during the winter months and never used a flash and got outstanding pictures. I recently purchased the Nikon Sb910 and a pair of Yongnuo RF-603N II wireless triggers to venture into flash photography in the off season.

Not sure if its my lack of knowledge of using a flash and wireless triggers or if the triggers are defective, but I just can't seem to get the flash to fire off camera. I have one trigger set as transmit (TX) mode which sits on the top of the camera's hot shoe and the other trigger set as receive (TRX) mode which is attached to the Sb910. When I press on the multifunction button on the trigger attached to the camera it sends the signal to the trigger on the flash and it fires the flash, so I know the triggers are communicating with each other. So far so good, but when I press on the shutter button on the camera the picture is taken, but the flash DID NOT go off.

I read the trigger manual and it says that the flash should be in manual mode which is what I did. I also looked at the D3s and Sb910 manual and can't seem to find any setting that I need to do to get the flash to be used off camera.

Not sure what else to do except to ask the pros on this site and hope someone can tell me that I have missed a step that may have been so obvious that I just didn't see it. Batteries are new on all components and camera battery is charged fully.

Thanks for responding in advance

Help!!!!!

Aug 27, 2016 at 11:19 PM
Andrew Pece Photography
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Yongnuo RF-603N II Wireless Flash Trigger Problem

Could the Nikon flash be set on slave mode? That will sometimes muck things up.

You sound like you're on the same channel for each yongnuo unit, just double check that though.

Aug 27, 2016 at 11:25 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.