FM Forum Rules
Macro World Resource

FM Forums | Macro & Still Life | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · Sony A7R & Nikon 24mm: Sunflower

e6filmuser
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Sony A7R & Nikon 24mm: Sunflower

I recently tried some close shots with this combination, using a lash-up where an iffy fit on a Pentax K adapter was used in the absence of a correct one. The latter having arrived, I looked for a suitable subject.

A quick check with the lens at its closest focus setting showed that a sunflower seed head, about a 25cm across, would approximately fill the frame, a ratio of around 1:10.

There were only two flowers, both close to a fence, beyond which is our neighbour’s greenhouse, with very old and fragile glass. With rather uneven ground on our side, and a wobbly stool to support me, I took no longer that was absolutely essential to frame and focus. So I cannot verify the exact closest focus position but I was a little too close for the near edge in the last image. The two close-ups have been checked for motion blur and are uncropped.

I show a crop (of processed image) of the first image to show the detail.

Exposures were by sunlight at f16 1/1000 sec at ISO 800. Shooting almost towards the sun, I did get a tiny hexagonal flare which was easily cropped out. I have used some digital fill to moderate shadows. (There is some minor dirt on the sensor).

Sony A7R (aperture priority), Nikon Nikkor-N Auto 24mm f:2.8 Non AI*, hand-held.

*http://www.mir.com.my/rb/photography/companies/nikon/nikkoresources/6070nikkor/wides/24mm.htm

Harold

© Harold Gough 2016

© Harold Gough 2016

© Harold Gough 2016

© Harold Gough 2016

© Harold Gough 2016

Aug 27, 2016 at 12:18 AM
chez
• • • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Sony A7R & Nikon 24mm: Sunflower

Looks good to me.

Aug 27, 2016 at 08:08 AM
e6filmuser
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Sony A7R & Nikon 24mm: Sunflower

chez wrote:
Looks good to me.

I won't be sending it back!

Harold

Aug 27, 2016 at 09:04 AM
ranankay
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Sony A7R & Nikon 24mm: Sunflower

Looks sharp as a tack. thanks Randall

Sep 06, 2018 at 04:29 AM

FM Forums | Macro & Still Life | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.