Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · Sangre De Crosto mountain range thunderstorm.

unsecurewifi

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Sangre De Crosto mountain range thunderstorm.

I took a 2 day trip to Colorado. was greeted by this massive waterspout on my way to the great sand dunes.

https://i.redd.it/lbyj14g6urhx.jpg

Also I have a question. For some reason, the "preview" of the images look pretty nice on bridge, but when the same image is viewed in camera raw, it looks "dull". I have applied the standard camera profile in camera raw, but still it does not look as good as the preview in bridge is. Anyone knows why ?

Thanks !

Aug 26, 2016 at 01:57 PM
Tuan Le
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Sangre De Crosto mountain range thunderstorm.

Great capture of the ominous scene. I would suggest correcting the lens distortion that may also simultaneously crop out the distracting road on the right.

What you describe in Bridge sounds like there may be a preference setting in the program that resets the camera presets at the time the image was captured. That's happened to me before in Lightroom.

Aug 26, 2016 at 02:08 PM
Brian Woolf
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Sangre De Crosto mountain range thunderstorm.

Cool looking image, nature is so amazing.
Brian

Aug 26, 2016 at 02:11 PM
DaleBerlin
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Sangre De Crosto mountain range thunderstorm.

Beautiful shot. I agree with Tuan Le about distortion correction, and I would love to see this processed well in B&W.

Aug 26, 2016 at 04:31 PM
przero
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Sangre De Crosto mountain range thunderstorm.

Nice catch!

Aug 26, 2016 at 07:38 PM
JimFox
• • • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Sangre De Crosto mountain range thunderstorm.

I like the look of this, that rain is sweet. I would get rid that road cutting across the lower right corner, its distracting and gives the shot a snapshot feel. Also, the WA distortion is curving up both edges along the mountains, use the Warp tool to pull those edges down some.

Also, this is too large, please read our Landscape Guidelines, but this should only be 1200 px wide.

Jim

Aug 26, 2016 at 08:02 PM
claudefiddler
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Sangre De Crosto mountain range thunderstorm.

With this light happening I would have really paid attention to the composition and light. In general I find that there is one best composition in a scene. Chris Burkett does not make multiple compositions. The 8x10 view camera exacts a toll on misread seeing or craft. And so does digital.

I'm afraid you're in the position of trying to make this photo "work". Were you driving like hell or did you pull over in a panic. Are you using a tripod?

This composition needed to be thought out and made with intent and deliberation to evoke what was obviously a powerful moment.

Aug 26, 2016 at 09:04 PM
bill s
• •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Sangre De Crosto mountain range thunderstorm.

Really a neat image.

Aug 27, 2016 at 04:02 AM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.