New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

Archive 2016 · 5D Mark IV - Official "I Preordered" Thread

JimmyJames
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · 5D Mark IV - Official "I Preordered" Thread

With so many other threads discussing how great/poor/overpriced threads, let's see if we can make a list of who officially has preordered.

I did preorder one and a grip from Amazon.

Aug 25, 2016 at 09:05 AM
Dpedraza
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · 5D Mark IV - Official "I Preordered" Thread

I never pre-order any kit. I always wait a little while until reviews and such come out or I rent. I'm afraid of becoming a beta tester

Edited on Aug 25, 2016 at 09:22 AM · View previous versions

Aug 25, 2016 at 09:08 AM
Etherton
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · 5D Mark IV - Official "I Preordered" Thread

Preordered the body only through B&H

Aug 25, 2016 at 09:18 AM
Future Man
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · 5D Mark IV - Official "I Preordered" Thread

I preordered a body from Best Buy. 5% back in rewards + $75 reward certificate = ~$250 gift card. I'll probably nab a new camera bag and some other accessories with the gift card.

I've never bought a new camera like this... hopefully Lightroom gets an update ASAP.

Aug 25, 2016 at 09:20 AM
IrishDino
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · 5D Mark IV - Official "I Preordered" Thread

Officially waiting to see what comes out at Photokina.

Aug 25, 2016 at 09:25 AM
Etherton
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · 5D Mark IV - Official "I Preordered" Thread

Doesn't Best Buy tax kills those rewards? B&H or Adorama is a better option IMHO.

Aug 25, 2016 at 09:27 AM
Future Man
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · 5D Mark IV - Official "I Preordered" Thread

I just got an email from Best Buy that the release date has been changed to Thursday, September 8th.

Anyone else get something similar??

Aug 25, 2016 at 09:31 AM
Future Man
• •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · 5D Mark IV - Official "I Preordered" Thread

Etherton wrote:
Doesn't Best Buy tax kills those rewards? B&H or Adorama is a better option IMHO.

I have a Best Buy credit card so I'd rather just use that. I didn't know B&H and Adorama don't charge tax. I guess with my rewards points it's a wash anyways.

Aug 25, 2016 at 09:39 AM
molson
• • • • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · 5D Mark IV - Official "I Preordered" Thread

I was thinking I would pre-order one, but since they decided to jack the price up a couple of hundred dollars more, (and seeing there is no clean HDMI output for 4K video), my interest is waning. I may just pick up another 5D Mark III or 5Ds when people start dumping them to get the new one.

Aug 25, 2016 at 09:44 AM
evertdoorn
• • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · 5D Mark IV - Official "I Preordered" Thread

Pre-ordered one (instead of the original plan of 2). Get to keep my 5d3's pf which I will shoot one and give another to my second/assistanrt (right now we have to loan or rent a body for her)

Aug 25, 2016 at 09:46 AM
Cloudbow
• • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · 5D Mark IV - Official "I Preordered" Thread

Preordered the kit with the 24-105L II at midnight last night. This morning I changed it to body only so that I would have it in time for a trip to Sedona in October.

Aug 25, 2016 at 10:30 AM
chez
• • • • • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · 5D Mark IV - Official "I Preordered" Thread

Isn't there already a thread on pre-ordering the 5d4...do we really need a other one?

Aug 25, 2016 at 11:04 AM
ksagomonyants

p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · 5D Mark IV - Official "I Preordered" Thread

Future Man wrote:
I have a Best Buy credit card so I'd rather just use that. I didn't know B&H and Adorama don't charge tax. I guess with my rewards points it's a wash anyways.

They do charge tax for NY residents

Aug 25, 2016 at 12:13 PM
Tom_W
• • • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · 5D Mark IV - Official "I Preordered" Thread

No comment...

Aug 25, 2016 at 12:31 PM
Max_Pain
• • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · 5D Mark IV - Official "I Preordered" Thread

Future Man wrote:

I was chastised on these forums earlier when I made that mistake.

It's not that they don't charge taxes, it's that you as the out-of-state buyer have to report and pay taxes to your state. So if you don't, and you save the money, you're doing something wrong.

Imagine my surprise was I was attacked for buying from B&H because it was "cheaper" than buying at the local Best Buy...

Aug 25, 2016 at 12:37 PM
NCAndy
• • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · 5D Mark IV - Official "I Preordered" Thread

I can wait another 2 weeks to see in field results. I'm sure there will be plenty available. I want to see the DR results.

Aug 25, 2016 at 12:39 PM
Jefferson
• • • • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · 5D Mark IV - Official "I Preordered" Thread

Max_Pain wrote:

.. Imagine my surprise was I was attacked for buying from B&H because it was "cheaper" than buying at the local Best Buy...

Being one of the first in the que to receive a new "body", "lens", etc., and paying a PREMIUM for the privilege, allows you to speak with authority to the recent purchase ... while others wait for a price drop (or tax saving) or time to de-bug, many of the gott'a have it first'ers ... will get to experience the "Bugs" and then tell the rest of us what we are missing or will miss ... as soon as Canon Fixes what the first purchasers paid that premium to experience.

It gets you status and standing in the community ...

The "pro" will probably rent one first or be able to get one off the shelf at work.

Good favor by spending less only comes when you buy the body when the newest "latest and greatest" comes around .. and yes, you buy that now out dated model you read so much about at considerable discount and after Canon's fix ...

IMHO of Course ...
Jefferson

Aug 25, 2016 at 01:46 PM
harvey steeves
• •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · 5D Mark IV - Official "I Preordered" Thread

with the body/24-105 combo supposed to run for $6000 up here in Canada, maybe not.

Aug 25, 2016 at 01:58 PM
4honor
• • • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · 5D Mark IV - Official "I Preordered" Thread

Pre-ordered body-only from B&H. Hope to test it out next day at a wedding~

Aug 25, 2016 at 03:32 PM
hotdog12
• • •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · 5D Mark IV - Official "I Preordered" Thread

Greetings to my "beta testers." I look forward to some real world feedback. I own a couple of 5D III and am really on the fence on this one. If I was still using 5D II bodies there would be no question.

Questions: is the "quiet" mode as good as on the III? Comparing sports images at ISO 6400 to the III? Can you shoot video without a Zacuto or similar focusing attachment? I assumed Canon fixed that stupid SD slot--how many raw shots before hitting the buffer?

I guess I could puzzle some of this out from the specs, but nothing beats a hand's on evaluation.

Aug 25, 2016 at 03:47 PM
       2       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.