Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · How long to wait for response?

transientgolf
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · How long to wait for response?

I have never had a problem buying or selling over many years here, eBay and other forums. Every item has been shipped by the seller immediately without a glitch. I recently purchased an item. The seller was super responsive throughout the process until I paid. I have not heard from them since (4 days). I have PM'ed / emailed a request for shipping updates but no response.

Question - how long is appropriate to wait before filing a dispute in PayPal? 5 days, 7 days, 10 day, other?

I want to assume positive intent here and don't want to jump the gun.

Thanks for any input.

Aug 24, 2016 at 06:36 PM
Mike4AU
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · How long to wait for response?

Send one more PM and advise that you will have no choice but to file a dispute right away if there are no further communications from him. I would only give him a couple of hours. It is very difficult to be understanding when uninformed.

Aug 24, 2016 at 07:21 PM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · How long to wait for response?

Yeah. I'd put a short fuse on it. Also, send a PM to Fred, to let him know about it.

Aug 24, 2016 at 08:39 PM
anthonysemone
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · How long to wait for response?

As jcolwell has said +10. Seller has your money. You have no product. You don't owe Seller squat. As others here have said in cases similar to yours. "I hope to goodness you didn't use PP gift" or some other form of non-insured (sic) payment. Send Seller a note and, as Mike has said, advise Seller you are filing a dispute with PP within x amount of time. One final comment: you can always publish in the clear the name of the member. You can also advise him of that at the time you notify him of your intentions. FWIW: others here will show up to make excuses for the Seller. Easy for them to do: they haven't bought it with their money.

Aug 25, 2016 at 06:28 AM
transientgolf
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · How long to wait for response?

Thanks all. Very helpful. I'll let you know where this lands.

Side note - I did pay with standard PayPal so no issue there.

Aug 25, 2016 at 06:33 AM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · How long to wait for response?

transientgolf wrote:
Thanks all. Very helpful. I'll let you know where this lands.

Side note - I did pay with standard PayPal so no issue there.

Did you talk to the seller or get his phone number and verify it was indeed him?
Was he a verified PP member?

Aug 25, 2016 at 08:09 AM
transientgolf
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · How long to wait for response?

To close this out. I did hear back shortly after I posted. There was a family emergency, which I believe based on how it was handled after contact was re-established. The item was shipped overnight and was precisely as promised.

Thanks all for the help!

Sep 04, 2016 at 05:44 AM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · How long to wait for response?

Glad it worked out!

Sep 04, 2016 at 08:54 AM
nolaguy
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · How long to wait for response?

transientgolf wrote:
To close this out. I did hear back shortly after I posted. There was a family emergency, which I believe based on how it was handled after contact was re-established. The item was shipped overnight and was precisely as promised.

Thanks all for the help!

Good of you to post the epilogue. It's certainly worth being cautious but also useful to keep this sort of thing in mind. While rare, it happens. Thanks for the example.

Chuck

Sep 04, 2016 at 04:42 PM

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.