Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

Rules & Guidelines | Uninsured Payment Alert!
How to post Feedback | How to Red-Flag a thread

NEVER use Paypal Gift, Venmo, Zelle, Apple Pay, Google Pay or any other uninsured payment!

FM Forums | Buy & Sell Photo-Gear | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · Withdrawn: Canon FD 35mm f/2 SSC I (concave thorium!)

arduluth
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Withdrawn: Canon FD 35mm f/2 SSC I (concave thorium!)

Item updated in the last 24 hours Item price reduced in the last 24 hours   Canon FD 35mm f/2 SSC I (concave thorium)

Withdrawn

Price: $190.00
Payment method: PayPal
Item condition: 8 Well used - may exhibit "dings" or finish marks
Shipping instructions: USPS Priority Mail

Selling my copy of the legendary Canon FD 35mm f/2 SSC I (concave thorium). Love this lens and use it occasionally, but trying to raise funds for a Loxia 35mm f/2.

This is a lens with a reputation of being Canon's sharpest 35mm f/2 in FD mount. It's the latest version of the Canon FD 35mm f/2 with the concave front element. Unlike the older versions, it has Canon's SSC multicoating. Like most copies, this copied has yellowed somewhat - you can bleach it with sunlight or a UV flash light, but I don't mind the look and haven't done this. Looks especially good in BW. Nice contrast and sharpness wide open, getting sharper at f/2.8 and sharper at the edges and corners farther down. The only negative about this lens IMHO is its size, though it's still smaller and lighter than a lot of the fast 35mm options out there.

I was especially impressed by its coma performance wide open. Most of my f/1.4-f/2.8 MF legacy lenses are a mess with regards to coma until stopped down. Quite happy with coma at f/2 for this lens - check out the photos in the second post.

Check out reviews here:
http://www.canonclassics.com/canon-fd-35mm-f2-ssc/10-211/

The glass on this copy is very clean, just the usual internal dust that won't impact IQ.

The body has wear, but nothing that will impact use or IQ. Some paint wear along the edges of the aperture and focus rings, some minor scuffs and scratches on the large focus ring. Focus is super smooth, no play in the focus ring. Aperture ring works great, the 8 bladed aperture is snappy.

Includes the original Canon lens cap and Canon rear cap.

I'm also going to be selling my copy of the Canon nFD 35mm f/2 - PM if you're interested and don't want to wait for the post.

Edited on Sep 01, 2016 at 08:37 AM · View previous versions

Aug 24, 2016 at 12:18 PM
arduluth
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Withdrawn: Canon FD 35mm f/2 SSC I (concave thorium!)

I have some of my photos taken with the lens up here:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/diogenic/tags/canonfd35mmf2ssc

Canon FD 35mm f/2 SSC v1 at f/2 on Sony A7

Amnicon Blue by diogenic, on Flickr

Canon FD 35mm f/2 SSC v1 at f/2 on Sony A7

Blaze by diogenic, on Flickr

Aug 24, 2016 at 12:21 PM
arduluth
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Withdrawn: Canon FD 35mm f/2 SSC I (concave thorium!)

Had a few PMs about this and the FDn recently - thought I had uploaded photos, will be doing so today. Apologies for the inconvenience!

Oct 04, 2016 at 11:26 AM

FM Forums | Buy & Sell Photo-Gear | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.