New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · Problems Calibrating Monitor

WalterF
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Problems Calibrating Monitor

I have been using a Spyder Pro3 for calibrating my monitors with good results for years on multiple computers. Then yesterday when I hook up my new ASUS PG279Q monitor when I try to launch the program it says I need to register it, but will not go to the registration page when I hit next.

I thought it might have too do with the update to Windows 10 Pro that I am running on it, so I tried it out on my laptop which is running Windows 10 Home and it worked fine.

I also thought maybe since I was running a Display port connection that might be the problem so I hooked up using an HDMI cable, same results.

Is it possible that the monitor could be causing the conflict? I am using this monitor for video editing, Photoshop,and gaming. So this is the reason I went 2K instead of 4K, my system doesn't have the power to drive 4k games at a good FPS.

It was calibrating my Dell monitor just fine?

Any help would be appreciated.

System Info

ASUS Maximus VIII Hero Motherboard

Socket 1151 6700K Processor

MSI 1070 GamingX GPU

NVME 950 Pro SSD 512 GB

Corsair HXI 750 watt PSU

Monitor ASUS PG279Q

OS Windows 10 Pro

Thanks

Walt

Aug 20, 2016 at 08:48 AM
Bearmann
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Problems Calibrating Monitor

Maybe try turning off any security software and ad blocking features, then try again.

Aug 23, 2016 at 11:23 AM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.