Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · Lianet & Robert - a Harry Potter themed gender reveal shoot (15 images)

Max_Pain
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Lianet & Robert - a Harry Potter themed gender reveal shoot (15 images)

I had the privilege of helping some long time friends announce the gender of their unborn child through a maternity / gender reveal photoshoot...with the twist being they (she) are huge Harry Potter fans and they (she) wanted to incorporate Harry Potter into it. We didn't know the gender at the photoshoot, so we did both pink and blue and I provided both so they could pick once they found out.

This was my first time using off-camera flash outdoors for fill. Oooh boy I got a lot to learn. At least I'm glad I insisted on shooting early (we were there 8am-10am) and that it was completely overcast so the sun was never harsh. Humidity on the other hand...

I delivered some ~80 different images, including both pink and blue repeats. These are some of my favorites. Please comment and critique as I would like to learn what I could do better in the future

Aug 17, 2016 at 09:12 PM
Arka
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Lianet & Robert - a Harry Potter themed gender reveal shoot (15 images)

Dad looks a little stiff and awkward in a number of these.

Aug 19, 2016 at 03:08 AM
Max_Pain
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Lianet & Robert - a Harry Potter themed gender reveal shoot (15 images)

Yes, I noticed that as well. Would you believe this is the more relaxed look? I've known him for some 12 years or so now. It wasn't a matter of being uncomfortable with each other. It was a matter of his personality

Aug 19, 2016 at 06:00 AM
GeorgieGirl
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Lianet & Robert - a Harry Potter themed gender reveal shoot (15 images)

Ok so I like #6. I hope that the reveal was a girl beacue I like that shot *a lot* and the Pink Balloons do it for me with two daughters under my belt....I have to admit I don't know much about Harry Potter to tie the announcemnt in to...

So I am hoping the reveal was a girl.

If a boy...or because both colors are shown...the most important is healthy. I hope for healthy.

Aug 22, 2016 at 09:13 PM
Max_Pain
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Lianet & Robert - a Harry Potter themed gender reveal shoot (15 images)

It was a girl! They found out two days after the shoot, that's why we did both colors.

Aug 22, 2016 at 10:30 PM
Arka
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Lianet & Robert - a Harry Potter themed gender reveal shoot (15 images)

Max_Pain wrote:
It was a girl! They found out two days after the shoot, that's why we did both colors.

Now that's some clever pre-planning.

Aug 23, 2016 at 11:59 AM
fstop212
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Lianet & Robert - a Harry Potter themed gender reveal shoot (15 images)

these are great

Aug 23, 2016 at 12:05 PM
Max_Pain
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Lianet & Robert - a Harry Potter themed gender reveal shoot (15 images)

Arka wrote:
Now that's some clever pre-planning.

She and my wife thought of it, I went along with it. Just means I took double the pictures so we would have plenty to choose from when they found out the sex. They then put some of their favorites together into a short video slideshow for the reveal

fstop212 wrote:
these are great

Thank you

Aug 23, 2016 at 12:23 PM
Ccugolf
• •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Lianet & Robert - a Harry Potter themed gender reveal shoot (15 images)

C&C: On 1,3,4 &5 the statue is sticking out of the top of their heads. I like the statue and it works good in 7,8 &10 I would always try and avoid something sticking out of the top of your subjects head I think if you stopped to patients right or left it would help move that to the side of the frame

I like the wand shots a lot. It gives a fun playful mood.

Nice set

Jon

Aug 26, 2016 at 03:50 PM
Max_Pain
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Lianet & Robert - a Harry Potter themed gender reveal shoot (15 images)

Thank you Jon. You make a great point about the fountain (that's what's sticking out). Embarrassingly enough, I did that on purpose to "center it on the image." In my mind I mistakenly thought it would be more jarring if it was off-center. But I totally see your point. Thanks!

P.S. There's a lot more wand shots, with varying levels of hilarity. Including some (purposefully) badly Photoshopped special effects in both pink and blue

Aug 26, 2016 at 03:54 PM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.