Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · Canon 80D and Shutter Shock?

lsquare
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Canon 80D and Shutter Shock?

Does anyone here know if the 80D have any shutter shock issues at any shutter speed like the 5Ds? I'm a little worried since I'm planning to buy the 80D. I figure I should ask before I commit.

Aug 15, 2016 at 07:41 PM
EB-1
• • • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Canon 80D and Shutter Shock?

I've taken tens of thousands of frames on the 5DsR and don't have any shutter shock problems.

EBH

Aug 15, 2016 at 08:24 PM
RobertLynn
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Canon 80D and Shutter Shock?

Is that like shell shock from the ninja turtles?

Aug 15, 2016 at 08:43 PM
Gochugogi
• • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Canon 80D and Shutter Shock?

I've used just about every shutter speed on my 80D and they're A-OKAY. On the other hand, shutter shock was a major issue on my Olympus E-P5.

Aug 16, 2016 at 03:46 AM
lsquare
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Canon 80D and Shutter Shock?

Gochugogi wrote:
I've used just about every shutter speed on my 80D and they're A-OKAY. On the other hand, shutter shock was a major issue on my Olympus E-P5.

So even if I were to bracket my shots, there shouldn't be any shutter shocks for the subsequent exposures after the first?

Aug 16, 2016 at 04:40 AM
molson
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Canon 80D and Shutter Shock?

lsquare wrote:
Does anyone here know if the 80D have any shutter shock issues at any shutter speed like the 5Ds? I'm a little worried since I'm planning to buy the 80D. I figure I should ask before I commit.

It's non-existant on the 5Ds, so the 80D is likely the same.

Aug 16, 2016 at 07:25 AM
Jeff Nolten
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Canon 80D and Shutter Shock?

According to The Digital Picture review, both the 5Ds and the 80D have a motor driven mirror actuation as opposed to the spring driven actuation of previous XXD bodies. This is intended to reduce shutter shock.

I'll add that while I don't have a lot of experience with my 80D yet, I shot a bunch of spring wildflowers hand held using the 100L a month or two ago. I was delighted with the keeper rate and the sharpness of the images. I don't know how much of this was the 80D's motor driven mirror or the 100L's excellent IS but it worked. The 80D's focus accuracy, exposure metering and colors were also excellent capturing these tiny wildflowers. I'm happy with the camera so far.

Aug 16, 2016 at 10:27 AM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.