New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              73      
       75       end

Techart PRO AF adapter now In Stock!

strohscw

Upload & Sell: Off
p.74 #1 · p.74 #1 · Techart PRO AF adapter now In Stock!

What I do not understand, is the fact, that Techart didnt react to this wobble issue !??
Do they really try to sit this out??

Jun 06, 2017 at 10:50 AM
genji
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.74 #2 · p.74 #2 · Techart PRO AF adapter now In Stock!

strohscw wrote:
What I do not understand, is the fact, that Techart didnt react to this wobble issue !??
Do they really try to sit this out??

They're a small company caught between a rock and a hard place. Addressing the wobble issue essentially requires a hardware redesign, which means admitting that the original design is flawed. Even if they did release a "fixed" version 2 TAP, it's highly doubtful that they could or would offer to replace each original TAP with the new model. Plus, not every owner has encountered the wobble issue. In short, it's a total can of worms, which is why they appear to be trying to sit it out.

Jun 06, 2017 at 11:13 AM
k-h.a.w
• • • •
p.74 #3 · p.74 #3 · Techart PRO AF adapter now In Stock!

Well the TAP is an innovative revolutionary product with Beta Testing character.
I don't mind that, if the alternative is to have no such thing at all.
If the rough edges of the TAP are unacceptable then the current version is not for you.
Forcing them to recall their current adapter would likely drive them out of business.
They should however soon release an improved version 2 that fixes the wobble issue and is mechanically robust.
Of course, everybody is entitled to their opinion - as am I. My 2 cents.

K-H.

Jun 07, 2017 at 02:07 AM
genji
• • •
p.74 #4 · p.74 #4 · Techart PRO AF adapter now In Stock!

k-h.a.w wrote:
Well the TAP is an innovative revolutionary product with Beta Testing character.
I don't mind that, if the alternative is to have no such thing at all.
If the rough edges of the TAP are unacceptable then the current version is not for you.
Forcing them to recall their current adapter would likely drive them out of business.
They should however soon release an improved version 2 that fixes the wobble issue and is mechanically robust.
Of course, everybody is entitled to their opinion - as am I. My 2 cents.

K-H.

Totally agree, even though flawed the TAP is a wonderful product that gives me pleasure (and, frequently, great results) every time I use it. Ideally, they would institute a trade-in program that would allow current TAP owners to purchase the improved model at a discount.

Jun 07, 2017 at 03:05 AM
k-h.a.w
• • • •
p.74 #5 · p.74 #5 · Techart PRO AF adapter now In Stock!

+1 Thanks genji. Yep, please count me in for several orders in that case!

So far I have bought 4 copies.

The first one stopped working, it doesn't move out and in anymore, but can still be used manually.
The second one I dropped attached to camera and lens, hitting the lens at an angle, TAP bent out of shape (severe case of permanent wobble). It still autofocuses but can't quite reach infinity any more. Camera and lens are fine.
The third one works as new.
The fourth one as well. I need one backup.

I have 3 cameras I can use the TAPs on, namely: A7r.2, a6300, and A9.

Cheers, K-H.

Jun 07, 2017 at 03:48 AM
genji
• • •
p.74 #6 · p.74 #6 · Techart PRO AF adapter now In Stock!

k-h.a.w wrote:
+1 Thanks genji. Yep, please count me in for several orders in that case!

The first one stopped working, it doesn't move out and in anymore, but can still be used manually.
The second one I dropped attached to camera and lens, hitting the lens at an angle, TAP bent out of shape (severe case of permanent wobble). It still autofocuses but can't quite reach infinity any more. Camera and lens are fine.

I have
...Show more

I'm fully onboard with your philosophy of having a backup. If something happened to one of the two that I own, I would definitely buy a third.

Jun 07, 2017 at 04:19 AM
leonasj
• • •
p.74 #7 · p.74 #7 · Techart PRO AF adapter now In Stock!

hi,im have m 50asph summilux and planning to buy sony a7rii . can any know this combo with techart will be full autofocus or just must manually focus and then press shooter for precise focus?

Jul 04, 2017 at 06:00 AM
firealam
• • •
p.74 #8 · p.74 #8 · Techart PRO AF adapter now In Stock!

Hi All! I have a quick question... My TAP just recently stopped working. I would deem it as "she gone!" The serial is 0019xx. I have sent a message to their customer support, waiting for a reply back on a possible solution. I'm sure I am not the first one here to run into this issue. Any suggestions on what might have happened and what to expect from their customer support? Should I buy a new copy from Adorama or B&H? Any help from the forum would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Jul 04, 2017 at 06:49 AM
genji
• • •
p.74 #9 · p.74 #9 · Techart PRO AF adapter now In Stock!

leonasj wrote:
hi,im have m 50asph summilux and planning to buy sony a7rii . can any know this combo with techart will be full autofocus or just must manually focus and then press shooter for precise focus?

The Summilux 50 ASPH should be fully autofocus. The TAP's autofocus range for a 50mm lens is from 60cm to infinity so you'll only need to manually pre-focus when you get closer than 60cm.

Jul 04, 2017 at 11:48 AM
genji
• • •
p.74 #10 · p.74 #10 · Techart PRO AF adapter now In Stock!

firealam wrote:
Hi All! I have a quick question... My TAP just recently stopped working. I would deem it as "she gone!" The serial is 0019xx. I have sent a message to their customer support, waiting for a reply back on a possible solution. I'm sure I am not the first one here to run into this issue. Any suggestions on what might have happened and what to expect from their customer support? Should I buy a new copy from Adorama or B&H? Any help from the forum would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Did you purchase it from Techart or from a reseller? And how long ago?

Jul 04, 2017 at 11:50 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

firealam
• • •
p.74 #11 · p.74 #11 · Techart PRO AF adapter now In Stock!

Hi, thank you for the help! I purchased it from a member here, and probably a year ago. I'm pretty sure it is out of warranty. Is it worth sending in for repair for a cost, or should I just bite the bullet and get a new one?

genji wrote:
Did you purchase it from Techart or from a reseller? And how long ago?

Jul 04, 2017 at 02:26 PM
genji
• • •
p.74 #12 · p.74 #12 · Techart PRO AF adapter now In Stock!

When you factor in the communication difficulties and potentially long delays in dealing with Techart plus the fact that it's out of warranty, a replacement won't be cheap. So it's probably best to get a new one. But get it from B&H or Adorama so you can return it more easily if you encounter any problems.

firealam wrote:
Hi, thank you for the help! I purchased it from a member here, and probably a year ago. I'm pretty sure it is out of warranty. Is it worth sending in for repair for a cost, or should I just bite the bullet and get a new one?

Jul 04, 2017 at 09:47 PM
firealam
• • •
p.74 #13 · p.74 #13 · Techart PRO AF adapter now In Stock!

I will have to agree with you on your suggestion. And thank you for replying and help on this matter. I will order a new one from one of the vendors suggested.

genji wrote:
When you factor in the communication difficulties and potentially long delays in dealing with Techart plus the fact that it's out of warranty, a replacement won't be cheap. So it's probably best to get a new one. But get it from B&H or Adorama so you can return it more easily if you encounter any problems.

Jul 04, 2017 at 10:24 PM
jankap

p.74 #14 · p.74 #14 · Techart PRO AF adapter now In Stock!

k-h.a.w wrote:
Cheers, K-H.

Hello, I was visiting my family, so this is a somewhat late answer.
Cannot you (let) combine Nr1 and Nr2?
Jan

Jul 07, 2017 at 08:06 AM
jurcek77

p.74 #15 · p.74 #15 · Techart PRO AF adapter now In Stock!

Hi there, I hope somebody could help me.

I have TAP adapter for more than one year. Today I decided I will update it to fw ver 5, but after upadate it is not working anymore. Before update it was working ok, so I guess something went wrong during update.

Now TAP adapter is not recognized by camera, so I can not set it to f90 to repeat the upadate.

thanks for your help

Dec 03, 2017 at 09:15 PM
linnil

p.74 #16 · p.74 #16 · Techart PRO AF adapter now In Stock!

price in China (where it was invented) has been lowered a bit. I bought it during single day sale, around 250usd without any haggling.

Dec 03, 2017 at 09:20 PM
Arka
• • • • • •
p.74 #17 · p.74 #17 · Techart PRO AF adapter now In Stock!

Fred Miranda wrote:
For those who are not noticing any tilt/wobble. Do a simple test: Have the adapter extended closer than infinity with your lens attached and press the top area of the adapter extension. See if it goes inwards (even if just a tad). If it does, you have the wobble. If it does not, consider yourself lucky.

The new one I just bought has a tiny bit of wobble. The old one that died (and that TechArt asked me to ship back to Hong Kong) is pretty bad though.

Not a huge issue for me in the way I use the adapter (shallow DoF portraits and street work), but it becomes a major problem when you need pin sharpness across the frame. I was shooting some cityscapes, manually focusing with a lens attached to TAP and couldn't for the life of me get a well focused shot, even at f/11. Switched from TAP to a simple Metabones and the problem was gone - so I never leave the basics at home anymore.

Dec 04, 2017 at 10:32 AM
k-h.a.w
• • • •
p.74 #18 · p.74 #18 · Techart PRO AF adapter now In Stock!

jankap wrote:
Hello, I was visiting my family, so this is a somewhat late answer.
Cannot you (let) combine Nr1 and Nr2?
Jan

Thanks Jan. Excellent thought.
I wonder how easy / difficult that would be.
Unless I can do it myself, the expense would be another consideration.

K-H.

Dec 04, 2017 at 01:18 PM
virtualrain
• • •
p.74 #19 · p.74 #19 · Techart PRO AF adapter now In Stock!

Anyone using TAP on the A7RIII? Im having challenges getting it working in AF-C... it often hunts and never locks focus until I change composition or something. Its very twitchy. Bloody annoying but it could be the low light Im shooting in (although Im using an f/1.1 lens so the AF system should have plenty to work with).

Dec 06, 2017 at 04:59 PM
Fred Miranda
Admin
p.74 #20 · p.74 #20 · Techart PRO AF adapter now In Stock!

virtualrain wrote:
Anyone using TAP on the A7RIII? Im having challenges getting it working in AF-C... it often hunts and never locks focus until I change composition or something. Its very twitchy. Bloody annoying but it could be the low light Im shooting in (although Im using an f/1.1 lens so the AF system should have plenty to work with).

After playing with it for a while and getting tons of mis-focused images, I'd say it's not working very well with the A7R III.
In AF-C it's just not reliable and AF pulsates a lot (goes back and forward very quickly). It's also hunts in areas where it should not. I think TAP was working better on the A7R II.
EyeAF works now but it's only somewhat reliable in AF-S.

Dec 06, 2017 at 05:05 PM
       75       end

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

75       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password