Home · Register · Software · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

  New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist
  

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              73      
74
       end
  

Archive 2016 · Techart PRO AF adapter now In Stock!
  
 
strohscw
Offline

Upload & Sell: Off
p.74 #1 · p.74 #1 · Techart PRO AF adapter now In Stock!


What I do not understand, is the fact, that Techart didn´t react to this wobble issue !??
Do they really try to sit this out??



Jun 06, 2017 at 10:50 AM
genji
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.74 #2 · p.74 #2 · Techart PRO AF adapter now In Stock!


strohscw wrote:
What I do not understand, is the fact, that Techart didn´t react to this wobble issue !??
Do they really try to sit this out??


They're a small company caught between a rock and a hard place. Addressing the wobble issue essentially requires a hardware redesign, which means admitting that the original design is flawed. Even if they did release a "fixed" version 2 TAP, it's highly doubtful that they could or would offer to replace each original TAP with the new model. Plus, not every owner has encountered the wobble issue. In short, it's a total can of worms, which is why they appear to be trying to sit it out.



Jun 06, 2017 at 11:13 AM
k-h.a.w
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.74 #3 · p.74 #3 · Techart PRO AF adapter now In Stock!


Well the TAP is an innovative revolutionary product with Beta Testing character.
I don't mind that, if the alternative is to have no such thing at all.
If the rough edges of the TAP are unacceptable then the current version is not for you.
Forcing them to recall their current adapter would likely drive them out of business.
They should however soon release an improved version 2 that fixes the wobble issue and is mechanically robust.
Of course, everybody is entitled to their opinion - as am I. My 2 cents.

K-H.






Jun 07, 2017 at 02:07 AM
genji
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.74 #4 · p.74 #4 · Techart PRO AF adapter now In Stock!


k-h.a.w wrote:
Well the TAP is an innovative revolutionary product with Beta Testing character.
I don't mind that, if the alternative is to have no such thing at all.
If the rough edges of the TAP are unacceptable then the current version is not for you.
Forcing them to recall their current adapter would likely drive them out of business.
They should however soon release an improved version 2 that fixes the wobble issue and is mechanically robust.
Of course, everybody is entitled to their opinion - as am I. My 2 cents.

K-H.


Totally agree, even though flawed the TAP is a wonderful product that gives me pleasure (and, frequently, great results) every time I use it. Ideally, they would institute a trade-in program that would allow current TAP owners to purchase the improved model at a discount.



Jun 07, 2017 at 03:05 AM
k-h.a.w
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.74 #5 · p.74 #5 · Techart PRO AF adapter now In Stock!


+1 Thanks genji. Yep, please count me in for several orders in that case!

So far I have bought 4 copies.

• The first one stopped working, it doesn't move out and in anymore, but can still be used manually.
• The second one I dropped attached to camera and lens, hitting the lens at an angle, TAP bent out of shape (severe case of permanent wobble). It still autofocuses but can't quite reach infinity any more. Camera and lens are fine.
• The third one works as new.
• The fourth one as well. I need one backup.

I have 3 cameras I can use the TAPs on, namely: A7r.2, a6300, and A9.

Cheers, K-H.



Jun 07, 2017 at 03:48 AM
genji
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.74 #6 · p.74 #6 · Techart PRO AF adapter now In Stock!


k-h.a.w wrote:
+1 Thanks genji. Yep, please count me in for several orders in that case!

So far I have bought 4 copies.

• The first one stopped working, it doesn't move out and in anymore, but can still be used manually.
• The second one I dropped attached to camera and lens, hitting the lens at an angle, TAP bent out of shape (severe case of permanent wobble). It still autofocuses but can't quite reach infinity any more. Camera and lens are fine.
• The third one works as new.
• The fourth one as well. I need one backup.

I have
...Show more

I'm fully onboard with your philosophy of having a backup. If something happened to one of the two that I own, I would definitely buy a third.



Jun 07, 2017 at 04:19 AM
leonasj
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.74 #7 · p.74 #7 · Techart PRO AF adapter now In Stock!


hi,im have m 50asph summilux and planning to buy sony a7rii . can any know this combo with techart will be full autofocus or just must manually focus and then press shooter for precise focus?


Jul 04, 2017 at 06:00 AM
 

Search in Used Dept. 



firealam
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.74 #8 · p.74 #8 · Techart PRO AF adapter now In Stock!


Hi All! I have a quick question... My TAP just recently stopped working. I would deem it as "she gone!" The serial is 0019xx. I have sent a message to their customer support, waiting for a reply back on a possible solution. I'm sure I am not the first one here to run into this issue. Any suggestions on what might have happened and what to expect from their customer support? Should I buy a new copy from Adorama or B&H? Any help from the forum would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!


Jul 04, 2017 at 06:49 AM
genji
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.74 #9 · p.74 #9 · Techart PRO AF adapter now In Stock!


leonasj wrote:
hi,im have m 50asph summilux and planning to buy sony a7rii . can any know this combo with techart will be full autofocus or just must manually focus and then press shooter for precise focus?


The Summilux 50 ASPH should be fully autofocus. The TAP's autofocus range for a 50mm lens is from 60cm to infinity so you'll only need to manually pre-focus when you get closer than 60cm.



Jul 04, 2017 at 11:48 AM
genji
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.74 #10 · p.74 #10 · Techart PRO AF adapter now In Stock!


firealam wrote:
Hi All! I have a quick question... My TAP just recently stopped working. I would deem it as "she gone!" The serial is 0019xx. I have sent a message to their customer support, waiting for a reply back on a possible solution. I'm sure I am not the first one here to run into this issue. Any suggestions on what might have happened and what to expect from their customer support? Should I buy a new copy from Adorama or B&H? Any help from the forum would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!


Did you purchase it from Techart or from a reseller? And how long ago?



Jul 04, 2017 at 11:50 AM
firealam
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.74 #11 · p.74 #11 · Techart PRO AF adapter now In Stock!


Hi, thank you for the help! I purchased it from a member here, and probably a year ago. I'm pretty sure it is out of warranty. Is it worth sending in for repair for a cost, or should I just bite the bullet and get a new one?

genji wrote:
Did you purchase it from Techart or from a reseller? And how long ago?




Jul 04, 2017 at 02:26 PM
genji
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.74 #12 · p.74 #12 · Techart PRO AF adapter now In Stock!


When you factor in the communication difficulties and potentially long delays in dealing with Techart plus the fact that it's out of warranty, a replacement won't be cheap. So it's probably best to get a new one. But get it from B&H or Adorama so you can return it more easily if you encounter any problems.

firealam wrote:
Hi, thank you for the help! I purchased it from a member here, and probably a year ago. I'm pretty sure it is out of warranty. Is it worth sending in for repair for a cost, or should I just bite the bullet and get a new one?





Jul 04, 2017 at 09:47 PM
firealam
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.74 #13 · p.74 #13 · Techart PRO AF adapter now In Stock!


I will have to agree with you on your suggestion. And thank you for replying and help on this matter. I will order a new one from one of the vendors suggested.

genji wrote:
When you factor in the communication difficulties and potentially long delays in dealing with Techart plus the fact that it's out of warranty, a replacement won't be cheap. So it's probably best to get a new one. But get it from B&H or Adorama so you can return it more easily if you encounter any problems.





Jul 04, 2017 at 10:24 PM
jankap
Offline

Upload & Sell: Off
p.74 #14 · p.74 #14 · Techart PRO AF adapter now In Stock!


k-h.a.w wrote:
So far I have bought 4 copies.
• The first one stopped working, it doesn't move out and in anymore, but can still be used manually.
• The second one I dropped attached to camera and lens, hitting the lens at an angle, TAP bent out of shape (severe case of permanent wobble). It still autofocuses but can't quite reach infinity any more. Camera and lens are fine.
• The third one works as new.
• The fourth one as well. I need one backup.
Cheers, K-H.


Hello, I was visiting my family, so this is a somewhat late answer.
Cannot you (let) combine Nr1 and Nr2?
Jan



Jul 07, 2017 at 08:06 AM
1       2       3              73      
74
       end






FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              73      
74
       end
    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password