Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              71      
       73       74       75       end

Archive 2016 · Techart PRO AF adapter now In Stock!

bluloo
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.72 #1 · p.72 #1 · Techart PRO AF adapter now In Stock!

genji wrote:
Except, according to many who have installed it, the battery drain issue doesn't appear to have been "fixed".

Indeed. Hence, the quotation marks.

Feb 15, 2017 at 05:06 PM
DavidBM
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.72 #2 · p.72 #2 · Techart PRO AF adapter now In Stock!

Fred Miranda wrote:
So far I'm not sure what FW 5.0 really fixed/improved. I'm still waiting from TechArt for a response.

This is odd; I've only tested for a couple of hours but the battery didn't drain at all, and I'm pretty sure that it used to drain at lease 5-10% in two hours.

So there seem to be inconsistent reports. But I can't see how it could partially fix the issue: you'd think either the current drain would be completely fixed or not at all.

Feb 15, 2017 at 05:38 PM
genji
• • • •
p.72 #3 · p.72 #3 · Techart PRO AF adapter now In Stock!

DavidBM wrote:
This is odd; I've only tested for a couple of hours but the battery didn't drain at all, and I'm pretty sure that it used to drain at lease 5-10% in two hours.

So there seem to be inconsistent reports. But I can't see how it could partially fix the issue: you'd think either the current drain would be completely fixed or not at all.

Did you start with a 100% charged battery? Fred has indicated that there is no drain in this case.

Feb 15, 2017 at 06:07 PM
Fred Miranda
Admin
p.72 #4 · p.72 #4 · Techart PRO AF adapter now In Stock!

I'm positive the battery drain is not yet fixed.

I left the camera turned off yesterday afternoon until this morning (about 16 hours) and the battery went from 94% to 74%.
From that this morning (74%) until now (about 7 hours), the battery went down to 62%. I have not taken one pictures with the camera. It's just draining with firmware 5.0...

I was hopeful this was not the case because it is real pain to be removing the battery every time the camera is off.

Feb 15, 2017 at 06:11 PM
DavidBM
• • • • •
p.72 #5 · p.72 #5 · Techart PRO AF adapter now In Stock!

genji wrote:
Did you start with a 100% charged battery? Fred has indicated that there is no drain in this case.

No; I started with 74%
But it might just be that 2 hours wasn't enough to drain the battery (or to drain it enough to change the percentage count)

Feb 15, 2017 at 06:34 PM
genji
• • • •
p.72 #6 · p.72 #6 · Techart PRO AF adapter now In Stock!

It seems that the battery drain hasn't been eliminated and no-one who installed the update has reported any new features or performance improvements, so one is left to wonder what this firmware update is about. Hopefully, Fred will receive some more information from Techart.

Feb 15, 2017 at 07:02 PM
newst

p.72 #7 · p.72 #7 · Techart PRO AF adapter now In Stock!

Meanwhile, as we all sort out just what rev 5.0 is all about, I have a touch of serendipity to share.

I just received a 'leather' half case for my A7II ordered off of Ebay. The case cost around $12.00.
What surprised me is that there is a bit of wood in the base of the case that extends its depth. I don't know whether it is coincidental or planned but this case extends the depth of the A7II body to be flush with the bottom of the TAP.

Product Listing: New Bottom Leather Camera Cover Case Half Bag For Sony Alpha A7II A7R II Coffee

Seller: hayanxi_0

Feb 16, 2017 at 06:18 PM
bluloo
• • • •
p.72 #8 · p.72 #8 · Techart PRO AF adapter now In Stock!

newst wrote:
Meanwhile, as we all sort out just what rev 5.0 is all about, I have a touch of serendipity to share.

I just received a 'leather' half case for my A7II ordered off of Ebay. The case cost around $12.00.
What surprised me is that there is a bit of wood in the base of the case that extends its depth. I don't know whether it is coincidental or planned but this case extends the depth of the A7II body to be flush with the bottom of the TAP.

Product Listing: New Bottom Leather Camera Cover Case Half Bag For Sony Alpha A7II
...Show more

Interesting.

Not to derail the thread much but...
Does it look like real leather?
That's pretty inexpensive, even for a piece made in China.

I've purchased inexpensive "genuine leather" watch straps from some eBay sellers, and they were basically some sort of treated cardboard/fiber product.

Cosmetically looked the part as long as you didn’t look too closely (or try to tear it in half)

Edit: Nevermind. I found it - "PU leather" so only a thin bit of leather backing with polyurethane face.

Feb 16, 2017 at 06:26 PM
newst

p.72 #9 · p.72 #9 · Techart PRO AF adapter now In Stock!

Now you've made me go look more closely.

No, it isn't actual leather but what is described as PUR leather. Certainly better than cardboard and it looks & feels quite a bit like the real thing. Doesn't smell like any leather I am familiar with (not that is has a noxious or even obvious odor but since I was checking...).

That wooden base I wrote about isn't wood, it is aluminum.

At $12 it's not a bad way to get my A7II body to sit flush with the TAP mounted.

Notice, I have absolutely no connection with the product or seller.

Feb 16, 2017 at 06:39 PM
dalite
• • • • •
p.72 #10 · p.72 #10 · Techart PRO AF adapter now In Stock!

rji2goleez wrote:
I've read about this adapter enough and have been totally intrigued. I placed my order . . . finally.

I'll use this adapter initially with the following:

Voigtlander Ultron 35/1.7
Voigtlander Heliar 15/4.5 III
Minolta M-Rokkor 40/2

If this works well, I'd love to get adapter for my Contax Zeiss 35-70/3.5 and Leica R 28/2.8 E55.

______

Just curious as to why you need so many wide/intermediate angle lenses.

Feb 16, 2017 at 06:50 PM
genji
• • • •
p.72 #11 · p.72 #11 · Techart PRO AF adapter now In Stock!

dalite wrote:
Just curious as to why you need so many wide/intermediate angle lenses.

Welcome to the Alt forum, where too many lenses are barely enough.

Feb 16, 2017 at 07:27 PM
rji2goleez
• • • • • •
p.72 #12 · p.72 #12 · Techart PRO AF adapter now In Stock!

genji wrote:
Welcome to the Alt forum, where too many lenses are barely enough.

Exactly. I mostly shoot from the wide to intermediate range and have different lenses for different purposes. Every lens has its character. Then, some are just AF fun and others are MF fun. So many reasons . . .

Feb 17, 2017 at 02:51 PM
Jonathan F
• • •
p.72 #13 · p.72 #13 · Techart PRO AF adapter now In Stock!

I just downloaded FW ver. 5.0 and the adapter doesn't do the extending action when turning on the camera and it starts up faster. Nice improvement in speed!

Feb 25, 2017 at 01:27 PM
mehrdad sadat
• •
p.72 #14 · p.72 #14 · Techart PRO AF adapter now In Stock!

5.0 has disappeared from the site

Mar 03, 2017 at 05:13 PM
bluloo
• • • •
p.72 #15 · p.72 #15 · Techart PRO AF adapter now In Stock!

mehrdad sadat wrote:
5.0 has disappeared from the site

v5 20170214 is still available via the IOS app.

Mar 03, 2017 at 05:27 PM
inglis
• •
p.72 #16 · p.72 #16 · Techart PRO AF adapter now In Stock!

Does anyone find issues with front focusing lenses on the Techart Pro?

For example zooms like the front part of the Contax CY 35-70 extends when frocusing away from the glass in the back.

Does use of a front focusing lens on the Techart Pro degrade imagery?

Mar 10, 2017 at 09:16 AM
newst

p.72 #17 · p.72 #17 · Techart PRO AF adapter now In Stock!

inglis wrote:
Does anyone find issues with front focusing lenses on the Techart Pro?

For example zooms like the front part of the Contax CY 35-70 extends when frocusing away from the glass in the back.

Does use of a front focusing lens on the Techart Pro degrade imagery?

The Techart Pro is optimally designed to work with unit focusing lenses. It doesn't work as well with floating focus lenses but there is a technique to use to improve the performance. This is covered in the Techart Pro website...

http://techartpro.com/faq/

Q: How does the focusing work and what is the difference versus focusing via the turning the focusing ring?
A: The focusing is done by adjusting the distance between the lens and focal plane (sensor). There is no difference in terms of image quality for unit focusing lenses.

Q: Will the image quality change when focusing with Techart PRO compared to MF adapter?
A: For unit focusing lens, the image quality will be the same as turning the focusing ring to focus on Sony A7 series cameras. For floating elements design, image quality may be changed. (FYI, Most of the Leica M lenses are unit focusing).

http://techartpro.com/

Kerry
February 13, 2016 at 2:55 am Reply
For lenses with a floating element, is it best to coarse focus manually, and have the adapter fine focus?

Admin
February 13, 2016 at 12:13 pm Reply
Yes you are correct. So that the performance of the image will not be affected.

caddy
February 15, 2016 at 3:35 pm Reply
And what with internal / rear focusing lenses?

Admin
February 15, 2016 at 4:00 pm Reply
Internal focusing lenses are designed to improve the close focusing ability of the lens. In order to have the best close up performance, suggest to coarse adjust the focusing ring and use Techart PRO for fine focus adjustment.

Mar 10, 2017 at 10:52 AM
inglis
• •
p.72 #18 · p.72 #18 · Techart PRO AF adapter now In Stock!

Thanks Steve

Mar 10, 2017 at 02:40 PM
LaurentPillet

p.72 #19 · p.72 #19 · Techart PRO AF adapter now In Stock!

Very happy with my TAP with SW v.5.

I'm abble to use my Voigtlander 50 f1.1 wide open to track my son:

Mar 27, 2017 at 03:58 PM
Chuck Coyne
• • • •
p.72 #20 · p.72 #20 · Techart PRO AF adapter now In Stock!

I had a weird occurrence with my TAP the other day . I had it off the camera and stowed with it's lens caps in my bag for a week or so since last using it. I decided to take the 35mm Distagon ZM with the front end filter for a spin to test out the infinity focus on it. I had to remove 1 of 2 shims to get the Hawk's Factory adapter to hard stop at infinity. I wanted to double check that the TAP still focused at infinity too. But the TAP did not work at all. Completely dead. I tried 2 other M mount lenses and not one of them would auto focus with the TAP. I tried taking it on and off multiple times, etc... I was getting ready to send it in for repair when I decided to try loading the most recent Firmware on it again. I had upgraded it back a few weeks ago when it was first released and everything worked perfectly. After reloading the Firmware the TAP worked perfectly with all my M mount lenses! Not sure what caused it but I'm glad it worked.

I'm just curious if anyone else has had this happen to them?

Chuck

Mar 28, 2017 at 08:20 PM

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.