New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              70      
       end

Techart PRO AF adapter now In Stock!

Jeff Kott
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.71 #1 · p.71 #1 · Techart PRO AF adapter now In Stock!

genji wrote:
Fingers crossed that they can crack Eye AF.

+1

I've become so reliant on Eye AF, that this is the only thing holding me back from getting a TAP.

Dec 21, 2016 at 06:04 PM
VeniceBeach

Upload & Sell: Off
p.71 #2 · p.71 #2 · Techart PRO AF adapter now In Stock!

Is it true that the Summicron DR will only work in the close focus range with the Tech Art?

-Bill

Dec 23, 2016 at 12:19 PM
brick33308
• •
p.71 #3 · p.71 #3 · Techart PRO AF adapter now In Stock!

I've been giving the TAP a workout for about a week with my ZM 35 1.4 while wandering Budapest, Austria and Germany, and either I have a bad copy or else for me it's terribly underwhelming. It only works the AF-C, flexible-M on my A7Rii about 20% of the time where I see the little moving green boxes. Other times I hear the motor working but I'm seeing nothing telling me it is focusing, and other times there's neither any sound nor little green boxes. On the brighter side however, I'm getting better with and enjoy using manual focus on this lens. The good news is that my lens is tack razor sharp when in focus, but the bad news is that TAP just isn't cutting it for me. So my question is whether this is normal behavior for TAP or if I have a defective one or am I not using it properly?

Dec 23, 2016 at 02:42 PM
candreyo

p.71 #4 · p.71 #4 · Techart PRO AF adapter now In Stock!

jankap wrote:
Did you experience light leaking near the wobble?
Jan

Not that I can recall, no.
Adapter has been sent to Techart since, spare appears to be holding up so far.

Dec 23, 2016 at 03:14 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

CE33

p.71 #5 · p.71 #5 · Techart PRO AF adapter now In Stock!

brick33308 wrote:
I've been giving the TAP a workout for about a week with my ZM 35 1.4 while wandering Budapest, Austria and Germany, and either I have a bad copy or else for me it's terribly underwhelming. It only works the AF-C, flexible-M on my A7Rii about 20% of the time where I see the little moving green boxes. Other times I hear the motor working but I'm seeing nothing telling me it is focusing, and other times there's neither any sound nor little green boxes. On the brighter side however, I'm getting better with and enjoy using manual focus on
...Show more

It's done well with most of the lenses I've used on the A6300/A6500, but those are different cameras. I do have one 15mm lens that performs poorly. Have you tried it with other lenses and updated to the latest firmware via the iOS or Android app?

Dec 23, 2016 at 07:16 PM
navmannz
• •
p.71 #6 · p.71 #6 · Techart PRO AF adapter now In Stock!

brick33308 wrote:
I've been giving the TAP a workout for about a week with my ZM 35 1.4 while wandering Budapest, Austria and Germany, and either I have a bad copy or else for me it's terribly underwhelming. It only works the AF-C, flexible-M on my A7Rii about 20% of the time where I see the little moving green boxes. Other times I hear the motor working but I'm seeing nothing telling me it is focusing, and other times there's neither any sound nor little green boxes. On the brighter side however, I'm getting better with and enjoy using manual focus on
...Show more

The only time I've encountered this with my ZM 35 is when I've manually focused closer to properly deploy the floating elements, and then forgotten to return it to infinity focus when aiming at something further away. John

Dec 23, 2016 at 07:31 PM
irsan

p.71 #7 · p.71 #7 · Techart PRO AF adapter now In Stock!

joe256 wrote:
I have a number of Nikon G lenses that I would like to use with my A7RII. Is there any aperture control Nikon G to LM adapter that will work on the Techart? I have read all 54 pages of this thread and apologies if I missed the answer

I use generic adapter of Nikon G to EOS, and stack it with EOS to LM.
So far those stacked adapters did the job well with TAP

Jan 03, 2017 at 11:30 AM
joe256

p.71 #8 · p.71 #8 · Techart PRO AF adapter now In Stock!

irsan wrote:
I use generic adapter of Nikon G to EOS, and stack it with EOS to LM.
So far those stacked adapters did the job well with TAP

Thanks for the reply. Subsequent to my post, I found that the Leicaist Nikon G adapter now sold on the TAP site also works.

Jan 03, 2017 at 04:39 PM
       end

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password