Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              63      
       65              73       74       end

Archive 2016 · Techart PRO AF adapter now In Stock!

DavidBM
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.64 #1 · p.64 #1 · Techart PRO AF adapter now In Stock!

I use an l plate (same as newer) which works fine in vertical mode, and then just screw in a small extra arca plate into the l plate when I'm using TechArt.

Oct 28, 2016 at 05:06 PM
mark1958
• • • • •
p.64 #2 · p.64 #2 · Techart PRO AF adapter now In Stock!

This L plate works
http://www.ebay.com/itm/112152553172?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Oct 28, 2016 at 05:38 PM
Kabouik

Upload & Sell: Off
p.64 #3 · p.64 #3 · Techart PRO AF adapter now In Stock!

The L-plate looks great! Last time I checked, shortly after the camera was released, the Newer was the only option and it was the price of a lens. I'll go for this one for international shipping (Europe), but I think it's the same model.

In the meantime, I did alter/dremel a plate I had. I'm way too impatient. But the L-plate will be better.

Oct 28, 2016 at 10:50 PM
DavidBM
• • • •
p.64 #4 · p.64 #4 · Techart PRO AF adapter now In Stock!

mark1958 wrote:
This L plate works
http://www.ebay.com/itm/112152553172?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Does it work with the techart in landscape mode without an extra plate?

It looks exactly like mine (LB-A7M2) and it fits but you can't access the arca threads without bolting on an extra plate to the tripod socket on the plate. Which is fine. But it would need to be 5mm deeper at least to work without an extra plate in landscape mode...

Oct 29, 2016 at 12:38 AM
genji
• • •
p.64 #5 · p.64 #5 · Techart PRO AF adapter now In Stock!

The linked L-bracket is an LB-A7M2, as can be seen in the first eBay photo. My LB-A7M2 (from a different vendor) arrived yesterday. I'd already checked all the Arca-Swiss compatible clamps that B&H sell and realised that this L-bracket won't work with the TAP in landscape orientation with any of them without an extra plate. So I added one and now I'm happy.

DavidBM wrote:
Does it work with the techart in landscape mode without an extra plate?

It looks exactly like mine (LB-A7M2) and it fits but you can't access the arca threads without bolting on an extra plate to the tripod socket on the plate. Which is fine. But it would need to be 5mm deeper at least to work without an extra plate in landscape mode...

Oct 29, 2016 at 01:48 AM
DavidBM
• • • •
p.64 #6 · p.64 #6 · Techart PRO AF adapter now In Stock!

genji wrote:
The linked L-bracket is an LB-A7M2, as can be seen in the first eBay photo. My LB-A7M2 (from a different vendor) arrived yesterday. I'd already checked all the Arca-Swiss compatible clamps that B&H sell and realised that this L-bracket won't work with the TAP in landscape orientation with any of them without an extra plate. So I added one and now I'm happy.

I figured it probably was the same (I have another lplate attached to my LB-s7rii) but I wondered if it could be a slightly different or updated version (LB a7rii is a pretty obvious thing to call an l bracket for a7rii!)

On a different question, have you (or anyone) had success using the APO Sonnar 135 on TAP? I just got a used one for a good price, and I know it's too heavy to use with TAP in normal mode, but I'm thinking o a tripod with the foot attached to the Nikon-M adapter the TechArt ought B able to focus by moving the camera....

Oct 29, 2016 at 06:02 AM
MIRANDA1
• •
p.64 #7 · p.64 #7 · Techart PRO AF adapter now In Stock!

Hi David

I'm waiting on a EF-LM adapter to arrive, should have it later this week to test out that combination. The APO is one lens that I almost always shoot wide open so it's a bit of a challenge to nail focus given the size and weight of the lens so I'm very much looking forward to testing it with the TAP.

Oct 29, 2016 at 12:27 PM
bluloo
• • •
p.64 #8 · p.64 #8 · Techart PRO AF adapter now In Stock!

So, the Leicaist Canon FD -> LM adapter works for FD lenses on the TAP.

Note for use with FL lenses:

It isn't reportedly designed for use with FL lenses.
The adapter has a stepped locking lever that appears unnecessary, from a design standpoint, for FD lenses.
(The locking lever on the adapter is used to to actuate the aperture mechanism on the back of FL and FD lenses, that enables the manual aperture lens setting for these).

From what I can see, a stepped design is necessary for use with FL lenses (to clear the back of some lenses), but when I contacted the seller, they stated that their factory reports the adapter wasn't designed or intended for use with FL lenses.
The problem is that the step is far too shallow for some FL lenses (mine is a 58mm F1.2), and the lever hits the back of the lens (metal area), so the adapter can't be attached.
The step is also not necessary to clear the rear of my FD lens (at least not the FD 50mm SSC F1.4 that I have).

If the design were better, none of this would be necessary. It seems like the result of poor design, or poor execution of a design.

What I did was disassemble the adapter, and grind off all but approximately 0.5mm-0.75mm of the thickness of the lowest step on the locking lever, so that it barely clears the back of the FL lens.

While the part that contacts the aperture rod on the lens is very thin, it's still 3mm-4mm wide in the direction that it moves and activates the aperture mechanism, so it still seems to function well.

Alternately, another fix would be to remove 3/4 of the lower step, and solder a wire or thing strip of metal onto what remains of that step, which would more than clear the rear of both lenses, and provide a less fragile activating lock.

Hope this was reasonably clear.

Oct 29, 2016 at 06:11 PM
genji
• • •
p.64 #9 · p.64 #9 · Techart PRO AF adapter now In Stock!

Thanks for this excellent explanation. I've updated the Techart PRO FAQ accordingly, with a link to your illustrated post.

bluloo wrote:
So, the Leicaist Canon FD -> LM adapter works for FD lenses on the TAP.

Note for use with FL lenses:

It isn't reportedly designed for use with FL lenses.
The adapter has a stepped locking lever that appears unnecessary, from a design standpoint, for FD lenses.
(The locking lever on the adapter is used to to actuate the aperture mechanism on the back of FL and FD lenses, that enables the manual aperture lens setting for these).

From what I can see, a stepped design is necessary for use with FL lenses (to clear the back of some lenses), but when I contacted
...Show more

Oct 30, 2016 at 03:04 AM
techartpro

p.64 #10 · p.64 #10 · Techart PRO AF adapter now In Stock!

Techart PRO is now back on listing in B&H

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1233758-REG/techart_pro_talmea7_leica_m_lens_to.html

Nov 01, 2016 at 06:46 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

Kabouik

p.64 #11 · p.64 #11 · Techart PRO AF adapter now In Stock!

This EF to M adapter does not fit on the Techart Pro. The official alternative on Techartpro.com is $70 US, while this one was about 20, so I think I'll first try to do some ugly Dremel work on it to reduce the thickness on the bottom, as this is what prevents correct fitting on the Techart Pro (it is blocked by the bump covering the engine in the Techart Pro).

Nov 16, 2016 at 02:49 PM
AGeoJO
• • • • • •
p.64 #12 · p.64 #12 · Techart PRO AF adapter now In Stock!

techartpro wrote:
Techart PRO is now back on listing in B&H

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1233758-REG/techart_pro_talmea7_leica_m_lens_to.html

And at a higher price than a few weeks ago, I noticed.

Nov 16, 2016 at 03:50 PM
GMPhotography
• • • • •
p.64 #13 · p.64 #13 · Techart PRO AF adapter now In Stock!

I paid 349.00 at B&H . Now 379.00

Supply and demand.

Nov 16, 2016 at 03:58 PM
genji
• • •
p.64 #14 · p.64 #14 · Techart PRO AF adapter now In Stock!

Kabouik wrote:
This EF to M adapter does not fit on the Techart Pro. The official alternative on Techartpro.com is $70 US, while this one was about 20, so I think I'll first try to do some ugly Dremel work on it to reduce the thickness on the bottom, as this is what prevents correct fitting on the Techart Pro (it is blocked by the bump covering the engine in the Techart Pro).

Before you break out the Dremel, eBay seller heyan80_4 has the Leicaist EOS->M adapter (identical to the one on Techartpro.com) for USD37.00.

Nov 18, 2016 at 09:16 AM
Kabouik

p.64 #15 · p.64 #15 · Techart PRO AF adapter now In Stock!

genji wrote:
Before you break out the Dremel, eBay seller heyan80_4 has the Leicaist EOS->M adapter (identical to the one on Techartpro.com) for USD37.00.

Excellent, thanks! A shame I did not find it first when I ordered the other adapter on eBay. I might send it back to the seller then, if shipping is not more expensive than the adapter itself.

Nov 18, 2016 at 12:36 PM
genji
• • •
p.64 #16 · p.64 #16 · Techart PRO AF adapter now In Stock!

Kabouik wrote:
Excellent, thanks! A shame I did not find it first when I ordered the other adapter on eBay. I might send it back to the seller then, if shipping is not more expensive than the adapter itself.

The Techart PRO FAQ contains a list of compatible adapters.

Nov 18, 2016 at 06:21 PM
Kabouik

p.64 #17 · p.64 #17 · Techart PRO AF adapter now In Stock!

I read the FAQ and I knew the Lecaist was compatible, I just did not find it on eBay because I only searched something like "EF to E adapter" and not specifically the Leicaist. It didn't appear in the listing with the aforementioned terms but I saw this ~20 USD alternative so I wanted to give it a try. Now we know it's not compatible.

Nov 21, 2016 at 09:35 AM
Fred Miranda
Admin
p.64 #18 · p.64 #18 · Techart PRO AF adapter now In Stock!

Kabouik wrote:
I read the FAQ and I knew the Lecaist was compatible, I just did not find it on eBay because I only searched something like "EF to E adapter" and not specifically the Leicaist. It didn't appear in the listing with the aforementioned terms but I saw this ~20 USD alternative so I wanted to give it a try. Now we know it's not compatible.

I have this one:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Leicaist-Canon-EOS-EF-lens-to-Leica-M-camera-Ring-for-M9-with-TECHART-LM-EA7/252645479655

It works perfectly with my Canon lenses.

Nov 24, 2016 at 08:31 PM
uhoh7
• • • •
p.64 #19 · p.64 #19 · Techart PRO AF adapter now In Stock!

If I can swing a Kolari A7rii at some point, which is where I'm leaning for my next body, now that I see how good it is at ISO6400 (i'm slow), I may have to get one of these and the various adapters for my favorite non-M lenses.

I'm imagining my 500/4 p on the tripod with techart pushing the r2 body back and forth Maybe a remote would make that easiest.

Heavy Hitter by unoh7, on Flickr

Nov 24, 2016 at 08:57 PM
Jack Thompson
• •
p.64 #20 · p.64 #20 · Techart PRO AF adapter now In Stock!

L bracket + Gariz Half Case Question:

I'm wondering about the possibility of adding an L bracket (or even a small QR plate) beneath a Gariz half case.
My logic being the half case lives on the camera, providing a nice grip for my not small hands, compatible with Tap'd lenses + FE's and rather than taking the case off if I want to shoot landscapes, I just use a longer quarter 20 screw to mount an L bracket on (I have a few from other systems and they'd fit easily, no battery door issues, etc.)

So, does anyone know if a long necked, quarter 20 screw exists? Or do I just hardware store hunt for a quarter 20 machine screw with a allen key head?

Nov 28, 2016 at 07:14 PM

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password