New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · D810 AF-mode Button Issues

T_Gordon
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · D810 AF-mode Button Issues

I bought a new camera from B&H about a month ago but the AF-mode button didn't work at all when it arrived so I returned it. I ended up picking up a lightly used D810 once the refund hit but just noticed the AF-mode button on this one now doesn't work either (it was initially and my shutter count just crossed the 2K mark). I've been using Zeiss lenses so I hadn't messed with it in a while but recently noticed my Fn and Preview assignments weren't working right either.

Has anyone else seen this issue? I've looked the camera over many times and not sure what the problem could be. It's been stored in a Pelican when not in use and hasn't been dropped, tapped, or anything of the sort.

Aug 14, 2016 at 03:04 PM
runamuck
• • • • • •
[X]
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · D810 AF-mode Button Issues

You must press the center part of the button to change anything.

Aug 14, 2016 at 03:16 PM
trenchmonkey
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · D810 AF-mode Button Issues

...and turn a dial to effect changes. I'm sure you know this. Try a 2 button reset.
Odds of 2 different D810's exhibiting this same behavior has to be in the winning
the lottery range (since this IS the first we've heard of this)

Aug 14, 2016 at 03:41 PM
T_Gordon
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · D810 AF-mode Button Issues

Thanks for the inputs. I've already tried the two button reset and know how to work changing the options

Hmm I tried it again and noticed the two button reset causes the top LCD to blank then pop back up making it appear that everything reset as it should but looking into the options, everything remains the same and not reset at all. I put in a different battery (both OEM and fully charged) and it acted the same way. Basically the camera mode switches from A to P and the qual changes from RAW to Norm but that's it.

Aug 14, 2016 at 03:47 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.