New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · Not shooting for a while

Camperjim
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Not shooting for a while

The past several months I have been doing other hobbies and projects. I have hardly done any photography. I went out for a couple of hours a few days ago. It was tough getting back to the point where dealing with camera settings was more or less automatic and I could concentrate on the compositions. Here are a few of my attempts.

Aug 11, 2016 at 08:10 AM
lighthound
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Not shooting for a while

Welcome back Jim! From the looks of it you didn't get rusty at all.

2 & 4 for me!

What detracts for me in #1 & 3 is that the brightest areas are oof and we all know the viewer always looks to the brightest areas first. 2 & 4 look spot on to me and I really love the rich natural colors especially in #2.

#2 feels a little too tight and the bottom left corner leaf draws my eyes.

#4 Is just plain gorgeous. I especially like your composition and lighting on this one.

Dave

Aug 11, 2016 at 03:40 PM
Camperjim
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Not shooting for a while

Dave, thanks. I agree #1 is probably a lost cause because of the limited DOF. I can fix it but I don't think the image is worth the work it would take. #2 is not my typical macro so I will probably not keep it either. I could take down the brightness on #3 and clean up some of the sharpening. I might keep it. I agree on #4. It is my favorite of the series. I might clean up a little of the sharpness in the green areas.

All of these were pretty much out of camera.

Aug 11, 2016 at 05:48 PM

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.