New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Black & White Vision | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · Favorite paper for B&W

rongwam
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Favorite paper for B&W

I am not so sure if this is a right place to post the question, but I can start a thread of which paper you recommend for B&W printing? I start with my favorite one - Ilford Gold Monosilk with Canon Pro-1

Henry

Aug 09, 2016 at 02:45 PM
Dougo
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Favorite paper for B&W

Hi Henry, there are a lot of papers to choose from, any one paper could be perfect depending on the image, some may need a full gloss paper and some may suit a matt paper, the trick is to make the right choice.

To answer your question though I also like IG Mono silk,
I also like the Canson papers Baryta Photographique a satin finish paper and Rag photographique a lovely smooth matt paper.

Cheers Ray

Aug 10, 2016 at 03:20 AM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Favorite paper for B&W

Henry, this thread should probably be put in Post Processing/Printing..but not my call, just my thought. I use Red River papers and Canon papers. Preferring RR when printing for clients and Canon for friends.

As Ray states "there are a lot of papers to choose from". Red River has a "Sample Pack" of all its papers. Other paper manufacturers have them also.

Red River has a great summary of their papers and the use of the types for specific subjects.
John Paul Caponigro has a good one also.
http://www.johnpaulcaponigro.com/index.php/search/?search_paths%5B%5D=&query=papers&submit=Search

It becomes a personal preference IMHO.
Dan

Aug 10, 2016 at 08:51 AM
srboynton

p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Favorite paper for B&W

Lots of good Baryta, Matte, Pearl and Fine Art papers, but I love Innova White Semi-Matte for B&W (it does curl a little though).

Aug 10, 2016 at 09:13 AM
OntheRez
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Favorite paper for B&W

I use a Canson matt, but lots of possibilities. Agree that if you post this over on PP you'll get a lot of good info (plus plenty of opinion)

Robert

Aug 11, 2016 at 10:05 AM

FM Forums | Black & White Vision | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.