New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Black & White Vision | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · Raw Power

jlmcpics

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Raw Power

This is my first post to the B&W forum. I shot this down at the Fossil Rim Wildlife Park in Glen Rose, TX. I felt it screamed monochrome. CC appreciated.

Aug 09, 2016 at 12:04 PM
santos
• • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Raw Power

Welcome Jim !
Quite a beast you got here. Don't mess with me, message loud and clear !

santiago

Aug 10, 2016 at 01:52 AM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Raw Power

Yes Welcome! Quite a jolt to the imagination of meeting this regal creature in his environment! My impressions are this:
1) The face takes the eye focus away from the entire animal. I would have liked to see his/her entire body.
I know we can't always frame the subject as we would most like it.
2) Maybe brighten the rest of the body a bit to ad some detail to "his armor"? Personal decision.
3) If time permitted and he/she was willing, wait until the animal was as parallel to the camera for an entire body shot.
But then again, I don't know what your intentions were...front on..fine...Just suggestions
Dan

Aug 10, 2016 at 09:00 AM
jlmcpics

p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Raw Power

Thanks for your input Dan! I think that part of the issue is the animal's back half was shaded by a tree keeping it darker than the head. Maybe a ND filter in PP could help even that out.

Aug 11, 2016 at 11:24 AM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Raw Power

jlmcpics wrote:
Thanks for your input Dan! I think that part of the issue is the animal's back half was shaded by a tree keeping it darker than the head. Maybe a ND filter in PP could help even that out.

Oh I was aware of your "problematic" shot. Hence my comments...You did fine with what you had to work with...Every photo op is not provide the "primo" elements for an excellent image.
Dan

Aug 12, 2016 at 08:24 AM

FM Forums | Black & White Vision | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.