Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · Anyone used a Cfast/SD card adapter?

nrferguson
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Anyone used a Cfast/SD card adapter?

Whilst browsing Cfast cards on Amazon (and stumbling at the price) I came across this:
DeLock CFast Adaptor for SD / MMC Memory Cards
It claims Dcards and very few (2 at present) CFast cards that would be a cheap way of giving me a back up on my forthcoming safari - having had a set of recorded CF Cards stolen at the end of a holiday a few years ago I now usually set up two duplicate cards and then I keep one and my wife keeps the other. For £22 ($30) it sounds too good to be true - has anyone tried it or similar?
Niall

Aug 09, 2016 at 11:37 AM
dhphoto
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Anyone used a Cfast/SD card adapter?

You might want to read the reviews here:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/DeLock-CFast-Adaptor-Memory-Cards/dp/B006TC8AI2

Aug 10, 2016 at 02:44 AM
nrferguson
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Anyone used a Cfast/SD card adapter?

Yes, I'd seen those, which was one thing that made me wary. If something looks too good to be true, it usually is too good to be true!
Niall

Aug 10, 2016 at 03:22 AM
nrferguson
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Anyone used a Cfast/SD card adapter?

Another question for those with a 1DX2 - it may well be no-one knows the answer if you have the camera set up to record simultaneously to both the CF and the CFast card ie so one has a back up, what happens if one has a 32GB CF card but a 64Gb CFAst when the CF card fills up? Does it carry on recording to the CFast only, or do you get some sort of message? If the latter, if you then replace the 32Gb CF card with a new one does it carry on as if there were two 64Gb all the time or what?
Niall

Aug 10, 2016 at 10:35 AM
GoGo
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Anyone used a Cfast/SD card adapter?

When recording to both cards for back up the camera will stop recording files when the smaller capacity card is full.

Do yourself a favor and use similar capacity cards. You can never have enough memory cards.

When I shoot any camera I always try not to shoot the card to capacity and take the card out of service until I can get two copies of the files on two separate devices.

I think one is none, two is one and three is two. This approach has saved by _ss on several occasions.

Aug 10, 2016 at 12:06 PM
rscheffler
• • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Anyone used a Cfast/SD card adapter?

nrferguson wrote:
Whilst browsing Cfast cards on Amazon (and stumbling at the price) I came across this:
DeLock CFast Adaptor for SD / MMC Memory Cards
It claims Dcards and very few (2 at present) CFast cards that would be a cheap way of giving me a back up on my forthcoming safari - having had a set of recorded CF Cards stolen at the end of a holiday a few years ago I now usually set up two duplicate cards and then I keep one and my wife keeps the other. For £22 ($30) it sounds too good to be true -
...Show more

I was looking at this too... Get one and let us know!

I also read that there are two thicknesses of CFast cards and that the SD adapter is the thicker of the two. I couldn't find any info in the 1DXII manual specifying which thickness the camera accommodates - possibly both?

For non speed critical work I'd rather use the adapter and SDHC/XC cards in the CFast slot due to the cost consideration... assuming it was reliable.

Aug 10, 2016 at 09:22 PM
EB-1
• • • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Anyone used a Cfast/SD card adapter?

I thought that CFast 2.0 cards use the 3.3mm thick form factor.
The slot in the 1DX II sure looks like that.

http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/canon-1dx-ii/Z-canon-1dx-ii-back_memory.jpg

EBH

Aug 10, 2016 at 10:20 PM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.