FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · Shaw's Cove

Josh Bustos
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Shaw's Cove

No sunset for me, but glad I still decided to test out my new Hoya 6 stop ND. This is my first time shooting long exposure at the beach so comments and tips are appreciated!

Shaw's Cove, Laguna Beach

Aug 08, 2016 at 03:24 PM
dswiger
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Shaw's Cove

I like the scenes in the 1st & 2nd images but the blue cast/WB is a bit too strong

Thanks for posting

Dan

Aug 08, 2016 at 03:31 PM
Josh Bustos
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Shaw's Cove

dswiger wrote:
I like the scenes in the 1st & 2nd images but the blue cast/WB is a bit too strong

Thanks for posting

Dan

Dan,

thanks for the feedback! I have to agree with you, think I went a little overboard with the saturation.

Aug 08, 2016 at 04:08 PM
bill s
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Shaw's Cove

All three are stunning. I love the land w trees which makes image two my fav. Well well done.

Aug 08, 2016 at 11:59 PM
Travis Rhoads
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Shaw's Cove

LE is a very different style of photography, in my experience you also have to edit them differently. I agree, the WB is a bit off for me, and pushing the saturation too much has resulted in some color noise and degradation of the images. Have you considered black and white/monochrome for any of these?

Aug 09, 2016 at 07:30 AM
Josh Bustos
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Shaw's Cove

bill s wrote:
All three are stunning. I love the land w trees which makes image two my fav. Well well done.

Thank you Bill! Appreciate the comments.

---------------------------------------------

Travis Rhoads wrote:
LE is a very different style of photography, in my experience you also have to edit them differently. I agree, the WB is a bit off for me, and pushing the saturation too much has resulted in some color noise and degradation of the images. Have you considered black and white/monochrome for any of these?

Thank you for the input Travis. I actually have considered B&W for the first image, because that exposure was done quite late, and was very underexposed. When I brought the darks up it was extremely noisy, so i think that one is a good candidate.

Aug 10, 2016 at 01:41 PM
killersnowman
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Shaw's Cove

There seems to be a lot of noise and banding in these images. They are over exposed and they also appear to have a bit of fringing and might even be slightly out of focus.

Its hard for me to comment on the subject / composition when i am distracted by very obvious technical issues you are having.

What wherr your settings on these? Why soo much noise and banding?

Aug 10, 2016 at 01:58 PM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.