New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

Archive 2016 · Sylvie the Great

Lisa_Holloway
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Sylvie the Great

Congratulations to Lisa_Holloway for winning Feature Thread of the Week with 3 votes - View Previous Winners

I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.
-Psalm 139:14

The last 3 1/2 months have been the most trying, scary, difficult time of our lives. Our sweet little Sylvie came into the world with a congenital heart defect that we were not aware of until she was a day old and failed a standard newborn test in the hospital. She was whisked away from us via helicopter and flown to the Phoenix Children's Hospital, where she underwent further testing, and we soon learned that our beautiful, perfect, new baby girl would need open heart surgery. Talk about a shock.

These past few months have been filled with anxiety and worry for the future, hope that she would come through this well, and so many mixed emotions I couldn't describe them if I tried. Our sweet girl did indeed have open heart surgery 13 days ago. She came through it like the warrior that I knew she was. She was off the ventilator in less than 12 hours and home in just 6 days. Her zipper is healing amazingly well (no, I did not touch it up at all). I can see the strength of an old soul in her eyes, and I do not know who decided I was worthy of being her mother, but I am so thankful and am looking forward to the journey. <3

A huge thank you goes out to all of our wonderful family and friends, her nurses and doctors, her surgeon, and everyone who has supported us during this time, lifted us up when we felt we had hit rock bottom, and made sure our sweet Sylvie would be able to go on and live a full life. <3

Edited on Aug 08, 2016 at 08:29 AM · View previous versions

Aug 07, 2016 at 08:24 PM
popinvasion
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Sylvie the Great

She is precious! Beautiful little girl! Glad to hear she's on the mend!

Aug 07, 2016 at 08:37 PM
Andre Labonte
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Sylvie the Great

What a cutie ... such stunning blue eyes.

Glad to see she and now the family are on the mend.

Aug 07, 2016 at 09:34 PM
DonM2
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Sylvie the Great

Lisa_Holloway ---

Your skills at both wordsmith and camera driver are amazing. Even more amazing is your willingness to so poignantly use those skills to share very precious personal moments with a doting audience in this forum!

Thank you, dear lady. And God Bless you and your family!

Aug 07, 2016 at 10:13 PM
bwalwork
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Sylvie the Great

Your good news about Sylvie has literally brought me to tears of joy.

I'm so happy for you and the rest of your family.

Aug 07, 2016 at 10:44 PM
GoodEgg
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Sylvie the Great

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful daughter, mother, image. Lisa, will Sylvie need more surgery down the road?

Aug 07, 2016 at 11:32 PM
ucphotog
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Sylvie the Great

It is great to hear about her improvement and a great photo.

Thanks.

Dave

Aug 08, 2016 at 02:14 AM
Lisa_Holloway
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Sylvie the Great

No she should be all done.

GoodEgg wrote:
Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful daughter, mother, image. Lisa, will Sylvie need more surgery down the road?

Aug 08, 2016 at 03:23 AM
popinvasion
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Sylvie the Great

Lisa_Holloway wrote:
No she should be all done.

Great news! God bless Sylvie. She looks a lot like Gabriel in this picture-just darling.

Aug 08, 2016 at 04:34 AM
Jonathan Brady
• •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Sylvie the Great

SO happy to see you sharing here Lisa! It's all too easy to clam up in trying times and not count on others for support and catharsis. No one can know what Sylvie, you, and your beautiful family have gone through but with the effort you're putting forth, hopefully someone else can find comfort in the words and images you've chosen to share.
I have no doubts that Sylvie will continue to surprise you with her strength and resiliency and I look forward to following her journey!

Aug 08, 2016 at 09:33 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

nolaguy
• • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Sylvie the Great

Blessings and strength, Lisa.

I'm so sorry you all had to endure this but you do live life well and inspire in so many ways.

Chuck

Aug 08, 2016 at 09:54 AM
4meNex7
• •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Sylvie the Great

Sylvie is soooooo beautiful. Your family has been truly blessed. Great to hear Sylvie is doing well.
God bless you and your family.
Ed

Psalm 128
Your wife will be like a fruitful vine
within your house;
your children will be like olive shoots
around your table.

Aug 08, 2016 at 10:50 PM
haleym77
• •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Sylvie the Great

She's gorgeous. So happy her surgery went well and that she is so strong! I hope the staff at PCH was good to you :-)

Aug 09, 2016 at 01:39 AM
schlotz
• • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Sylvie the Great

One look at Sylvie says it all Lisa. This one is a fighter destined for a great future Hang on cause it's gonna be quite a ride. So very happy for her, you and the rest of the family

Matt

Aug 09, 2016 at 12:35 PM
MASL
• •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Sylvie the Great

Strength on display... she looks a little shocked too. Best wishes for Sylvie's recovery and happiness. She'll have a wonderful story to tell.

Surgeons who work on infants are a brave and special breed. They are especially skilled, everything in 1/20th scale... There is also the grace in the incredible resiliency of an infant's body.

God bless - Mark

Aug 09, 2016 at 01:44 PM
macentropist
• • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Sylvie the Great

Dang Mom! Great news indeed, now where are the baby wipes,

Aug 09, 2016 at 09:55 PM
Steve Wylie
• • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Sylvie the Great

Thanks for posting this, and I'm so glad Sylvie has come through this stressful event. I know how challenging having a daughter in what may very well be a life-threatening illness is. I suspect that Phoenix Children's Hospital is a great place. Our daughter's physician, who diagnosed her situation while at Children's Hospital where we live, moved to Philadelphia, but is now in the process of moving to Phoenix Children's. Coincidentally, her name is also Sylvie.

Aug 09, 2016 at 10:51 PM
Arka
• • • • • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Sylvie the Great

Such a beautiful child - you and her are both lucky to have each other. Congratulations on making it through such a harrowing time. I wish her and your family all the best.

Aug 10, 2016 at 06:20 AM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Sylvie the Great

The eyes are intense. I always wonder what is filling those new brain cells when a child stares like this.
Yes everyone here is happy that a child overcomes adversity to be helped into the family.
Great image as always!
Dan

Aug 10, 2016 at 02:03 PM
Lisa_Holloway
• • • •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Sylvie the Great

Thank you all so much!

@haleym77 They were WONDERFUL. There is no way I can ever adequately thank them for what they've done for Sylvie, and our family. Her surgeon, doctors, the nurses, technicians - everyone was amazing, supportive, kind, and professional. Her care was top notch. How do you thank someone for saving your child's life? <3

Aug 10, 2016 at 03:41 PM
       2       end

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password