Home · Register · Software · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines
  

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

1
       2       end
  

Archive 2016 · Lady Aurora was blazing tonight
  
 
Hardcore
Online
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Lady Aurora was blazing tonight


Congratulations to Hardcore for winning Feature Thread of the Week with 23 votes - View Previous Winners


I have never seen aurora move this quickly. At times the whole sky was lit up and the huge bands were snaking through the sky at a very high velocity. I usually find solar winds that strong don't spark aurora but tonight was different.

Thanks for looking,
Corey



























Aug 03, 2016 at 04:40 PM
Jim Bau
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Lady Aurora was blazing tonight


All are beautiful! You are very fortunate to be able to witness such amazing displays of the aurora. On my bucket list of things to do.


Aug 03, 2016 at 05:07 PM
JimKied
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Lady Aurora was blazing tonight


What Jim Bau said. Absolutely beautiful.


Aug 03, 2016 at 07:09 PM
Brad Williams
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Lady Aurora was blazing tonight


Those are awesome, Great work!


Aug 03, 2016 at 09:11 PM
Hardcore
Online
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Lady Aurora was blazing tonight


Jim Bau wrote:
All are beautiful! You are very fortunate to be able to witness such amazing displays of the aurora. On my bucket list of things to do.


Thanks Jim! Very lucky to see these all the time at my latitude.
---------------------------------------------

JimKied wrote:
What Jim Bau said. Absolutely beautiful.


Thanks Jim!
---------------------------------------------

Brad Williams wrote:
Those are awesome, Great work!


Thanks Brad!




Aug 04, 2016 at 01:42 AM
Frogfish
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Lady Aurora was blazing tonight


Oh wow. Those are simply awesome, great colours, got my vote !

We haven't seen the AB yet but are going to Iceland again in October so I'm keeping my fingers crossed we are not too early.



Aug 04, 2016 at 03:08 AM
brockslinger
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Lady Aurora was blazing tonight


Wow! Simply amazing images. That looks like to be the night of a lifetime! Voted!


Aug 04, 2016 at 03:26 AM
brian_sp
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Lady Aurora was blazing tonight


great shots Corey, love #1 & 4, when was this storm, i have had a couple minor storms the last few days but nothing to this effect


Aug 04, 2016 at 05:26 AM
bill s
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Lady Aurora was blazing tonight


Absolutely stunning!


Aug 04, 2016 at 05:30 AM
jhg photo
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Lady Aurora was blazing tonight


What an extraordinary aurora event. All great photographs to look at.


Aug 04, 2016 at 06:00 AM
 

Search in Used Dept. 



cams884
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Lady Aurora was blazing tonight


These are stunning. I'm very jealous. I went out last night chasing the Southern Lights but had a lot of cloud cover to deal with, and it is extremely rare (impossible??) to get them overhead like this. Amazing.


Aug 04, 2016 at 07:10 AM
Hardcore
Online
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Lady Aurora was blazing tonight


Frogfish wrote:
Oh wow. Those are simply awesome, great colours, got my vote !

We haven't seen the AB yet but are going to Iceland again in October so I'm keeping my fingers crossed we are not too early.


Thanks Kevin! Iceland in October will be a treat. I hope you are treated to some amazing aurora. If not, you will get some great scenery.

---------------------------------------------

brockslinger wrote:
Wow! Simply amazing images. That looks like to be the night of a lifetime! Voted!


Thanks Brock. It definitely was a great night!

---------------------------------------------

brian_sp wrote:
great shots Corey, love #1 & 4, when was this storm, i have had a couple minor storms the last few days but nothing to this effect


Thanks Brian. Storm was Aug 2/3rd.

---------------------------------------------

bill s wrote:
Absolutely stunning!


Thanks Bill. Appreciate it!

---------------------------------------------

jhg photo wrote:
What an extraordinary aurora event. All great photographs to look at.


Thank you very much!

---------------------------------------------

cams884 wrote:
These are stunning. I'm very jealous. I went out last night chasing the Southern Lights but had a lot of cloud cover to deal with, and it is extremely rare (impossible??) to get them overhead like this. Amazing.


Thanks! We get them overhead a lot at my latitude. They usually start in the north and then snake their way south in waves passing overhead.




Aug 04, 2016 at 01:47 PM
Danpbphoto
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Lady Aurora was blazing tonight


Corey...I envy you!!!! Just excellent images!
Dan



Aug 04, 2016 at 02:16 PM
Scott Stoness
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Lady Aurora was blazing tonight


Great job. We had clouds here that night

I am looking forward to fall when it gets darker longer.

Thanks for sharing. Scott



Aug 04, 2016 at 06:16 PM
alatoo60
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Lady Aurora was blazing tonight


Outstanding beauty, thank you for sharing!

Sasha.



Aug 04, 2016 at 06:20 PM
Dave Dillemuth
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Lady Aurora was blazing tonight


Killer images! Great work!


Aug 04, 2016 at 08:43 PM
Smousefam5
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Lady Aurora was blazing tonight


Simply amazing.


Aug 04, 2016 at 09:12 PM
Hardcore
Online
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Lady Aurora was blazing tonight


Danpbphoto wrote:
Corey...I envy you!!!! Just excellent images!
Dan


Thanks Dan!
---------------------------------------------

Scott Stoness wrote:
Great job. We had clouds here that night

I am looking forward to fall when it gets darker longer.

Thanks for sharing. Scott


Thanks Scott. Ya, got lucky with good weather.

---------------------------------------------

alatoo60 wrote:
Outstanding beauty, thank you for sharing!

Sasha.


Thanks Sasha!

---------------------------------------------

Dave Dillemuth wrote:
Killer images! Great work!


Thanks Dave.
---------------------------------------------

Smousefam5 wrote:
Simply amazing.


Thanks for your comment!




Aug 05, 2016 at 11:28 AM
ckcarr
Online
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Lady Aurora was blazing tonight


Excellent captures Corey!


Aug 05, 2016 at 12:24 PM
can0nfan2379
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Lady Aurora was blazing tonight


Gorgeous


Aug 05, 2016 at 01:37 PM
1
       2       end






FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

1
       2       end
    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password