New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              22      
       end

Sony Planar T* FE 50/1.4 ZA Rolling Review

singularity001

Upload & Sell: On
p.23 #1 · p.23 #1 · Sony Planar T* FE 50/1.4 ZA Rolling Review

I had the same observation with the one that I rented. I found it to be quite a bit slower than my batis 85 and it felt relatively noisy. I'm curious to try a few other ones to see if it's the same. I have to admit the image quality was excellent though. I was also shooting indoors for a wedding, never got to see what the af speed was like out in the sun.

isuperfish wrote:
Hi everyone, I just got a copy of this great lens a few days ago, but I've noticed the AF speed is a bit slower than both of my Batis, and relatively much louder (both Batis are silent). Does it present as a general behavior for this lens? I saw some reviews stated its AF is "quite and fast" but some videos I found online suggested similar noise. Thanks!

Oct 19, 2016 at 04:37 AM
isuperfish
• •
p.23 #2 · p.23 #2 · Sony Planar T* FE 50/1.4 ZA Rolling Review

Thanks for replying. I think based on my research online it's normal, I feel the focus could be fixed since in AF-C mode it focuses faster and also doesn't present the wobbling behavior.

Oct 19, 2016 at 06:14 AM
jw112

Upload & Sell: Off
p.23 #3 · p.23 #3 · Sony Planar T* FE 50/1.4 ZA Rolling Review

Any more pics? This is my favorite thread

Oct 31, 2016 at 03:07 AM
sumofall

p.23 #4 · p.23 #4 · Sony Planar T* FE 50/1.4 ZA Rolling Review

jw112 wrote:
Any more pics? This is my favorite thread

belly by Johnavon, on Flickr

I've but my 50mm 1.4 on ice, but heres a shot when I scoping places for photoshoots I tok on the 50mm 1.4 at 1.4

Oct 31, 2016 at 05:24 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

freaklikeme
• • • • •
p.23 #5 · p.23 #5 · Sony Planar T* FE 50/1.4 ZA Rolling Review

freaklikeme wrote:
Has anyone else run into a problem with EXIF from their a7rII after using the FE 50? Someone on flickr pointed out that all of my recent shots I posted, mostly from adapted lenses, now have the 50 in the EXIF.

Well, it was either outdated firmware (I thought I had upgraded it at the same time I did the 7II I was putting up for sale, but I only downloaded it) or a LR update, but the problem's gone now.

Nov 02, 2016 at 01:13 AM
Fred Miranda
Admin
p.23 #6 · p.23 #6 · Sony Planar T* FE 50/1.4 ZA Rolling Review

isuperfish wrote:
Hi everyone, I just got a copy of this great lens a few days ago, but I've noticed the AF speed is a bit slower than both of my Batis, and relatively much louder (both Batis are silent). Does it present as a general behavior for this lens? I saw some reviews stated its AF is "quite and fast" but some videos I found online suggested similar noise. Thanks!

It's definitely slower when compared to the 55/1.8 ZA and just as noisy as my FE 85/1.4GM. It's also easier to focus with the 55/1.8 ZA in low light since the aperture opens to f/2 to achieve focus whereas with the 50/1.4 ZA focuses at or very close to shooting aperture.

Nov 25, 2016 at 04:00 PM
sumofall

p.23 #7 · p.23 #7 · Sony Planar T* FE 50/1.4 ZA Rolling Review

Does anyone have a big problem with flare? Like are you force to always used the hood or is it a normal amount of flare?

Jan 08, 2017 at 07:03 PM
       end

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password