New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

Archive 2016 · Left Behind

Lisa_Holloway
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Left Behind

Congratulations to Lisa_Holloway for winning Feature Thread of the Week with 6 votes - View Previous Winners

I've been absent for a little bit, our 3 month old daughter just had open heart surgery a week ago and we just managed to escape the hospital on Sunday (coincidentally, on my birthday). She's doing great and we're trying to get back to some sense of normal after a rather crazy few months.

I took these photos of my 7 year old daughter, Octavia, during our last road trip north to Montana a few months ago and hadn't gotten around to sharing them. I haven't even finished editing them honestly, but I've done a handful of them. This ghost town was AMAZING. If you ever get the chance to check out Bannack, DO IT! It's not like most ghost towns where you can only peek in a few dusty windows, this place was open and you had full access to everything, including the amazing Hotel Mead where most of these images were taken. I have a creepy story about this hotel. We were the only ones there. I was with Octavia doing pictures, and my husband was with the other kids. He told me he was leaving and going to check out another building with the kids, so Octavia and I were left alone in the building. We were downstairs near the kitchen doing some photos when all of a sudden we heard a door slam upstairs and then footsteps walking down a hall. VERY creepy as no one else was in there with us. Anyhoo...pretty neat experience though I'm glad it was in the middle of the day and not nighttime!

1a

Edited on Aug 03, 2016 at 03:59 PM · View previous versions

Aug 02, 2016 at 11:00 AM
benee
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Left Behind

#5 for sure, Love it.

Aug 02, 2016 at 11:38 AM
GoodEgg
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Left Behind

Sorry to hear about the baby needing surgery; praying. This is a nice collection, and the processing gives the feel of another century. Octavia is a great actress.

Aug 02, 2016 at 11:48 AM
douter
• • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Left Behind

The bookends for me in this set.
Douglas

Aug 02, 2016 at 11:51 AM
Ian Boys
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Left Behind

7 for me, magic

Aug 02, 2016 at 12:36 PM
Ernie Aubert
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Left Behind

Good photos, and an even better story.

Aug 02, 2016 at 12:39 PM
glennh56
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Left Behind

Ghost story and then the photographs....outstanding!!!

Aug 02, 2016 at 04:09 PM
fingerda
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Left Behind

Hope your baby is ok. These are great shots and your daughter is a wonderful model!

DaveF

Aug 02, 2016 at 04:48 PM
Lisa_Holloway
• • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Left Behind

Thank you! Sylvie (our baby) is doing great - she was off the ventilator in less than 12 hours and home after 6 days. We're working on some minor feeding issues at home but otherwise she's doing absolutely fantastic. We are so grateful, the last few months leading up to this surgery have been very scary and stressful. She has a page on Facebook if you'd like to follow her progress HERE.

Aug 02, 2016 at 05:15 PM
dwa652
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Left Behind

First, my prayers are with you and your daughter for God's fullest healing!

Pics are great. Number 4 is classic and my favorite !!

Aug 02, 2016 at 06:29 PM
John Webb
• • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Left Behind

Glad everything went well with the surgery and hope she continues to improve and strengthen. Fav are the 2nd and the 7th.

Aug 02, 2016 at 06:54 PM
Andre Labonte
• • • • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Left Behind

Hi Lisa,

I'm glad to here you youngest is doing well after the surgery. I will add her and your family to my prayer list.

As for the photo shoot, what an interesting idea ... I'm really drawn to #1 and #4.

Cheers,
Andre

Aug 02, 2016 at 07:36 PM
unclechuck
• • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Left Behind

Wonderful news that the surgery went well! What a Super Birthday Present!

Great story and images set in a ghost town ... complete with ghosts! Wonder what's with the door perched on the opposite wall in the last shot with Octavia on the stairs --- the bottom of the door isn't even flush with the steps ... but maybe best not to peek ...

Charles

Aug 02, 2016 at 07:36 PM
Jonathan Brady
• • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Left Behind

FUH-NOM-IN-UL!!!! :-)

Voted :-)

So happy for Sylvie too!

Aug 02, 2016 at 08:12 PM
Lisa_Holloway
• • • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Left Behind

Thank you guys, both for the kind comments and the prayers - I appreciate it. So glad we live in this day and age where these things can be repaired. If you get the chance, check out the movie 'Something the Lord Made' - I watched it on my computer our last night in the hospital. It really hits close to home for me.

Aug 02, 2016 at 09:19 PM
ucphotog
• • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Left Behind

Is Octavia your eighth child? i was reading the name and remembered you have a substantial brood and wondered if the name was meaningful.

#7 intrigues me for reasons I can't articulate. That door halfway up the stairs is also interesting, but I didn't see that until after I had mentally picked it.

And there's something poignant about #1, especially in light of the title, "Left Behind."

Thanks for sharing and I'm glad your baby is doing better.

Dave

Aug 02, 2016 at 09:47 PM
Lisa_Holloway
• • • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Left Behind

ucphotog wrote:
Is Octavia your eighth child? i was reading the name and remembered you have a substantial brood and wondered if the name was meaningful.

#7 intrigues me for reasons I can't articulate. That door halfway up the stairs is also interesting, but I didn't see that until after I had mentally picked it.

And there's something poignant about #1, especially in light of the title, "Left Behind."

Thanks for sharing and I'm glad your baby is doing better.

Dave

Thank you so much Dave. Yes, Octavia is the 8th. I used to joke (many many children ago) that if I ever had 8 children and the 8th was a girl, I'd name her Octavia as I loved the name. NEVER thinking that would actually happen. Well....when #8 came along and she was indeed a girl, there was no other choice.

Aug 02, 2016 at 09:59 PM
greg swan
• •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Left Behind

Not a bad one in the lot, as usual, very inspiring. We'll say a prayer for your little one. Glad to hear the good news

Aug 02, 2016 at 10:35 PM
bwalwork
• • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Left Behind

Best wishes for a full and speedy recovery for your youngest, Lisa!

Somewhat different images for you, but I love the feel evoked by them. Winners in my mind!

Aug 02, 2016 at 11:18 PM
Dale_A
• •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Left Behind

I am always in awe of your talents and how you use natural light with ease. When I took photography courses at our local Community College I was very disappointed that they didn't offer a course study on Light, and how to use it. So I do the next best thing, I study your photos!

Best Regards, Dale A

Aug 03, 2016 at 02:26 AM
       2       end

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.