FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · Point Atkinson Lighthouse

Travis Rhoads
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Point Atkinson Lighthouse

Last month I got to spend a little time in Vancouver, BC. Most of the trip was family oriented, but on the last night I got to indulge my photographic desires...we spent the evening at Lighthouse Park...I could spend a lot of time there, and will certainly go back if the opportunity presents itself. Most of my time was spent getting setup for this shot. The biggest concern was the tide coming in too much and me getting stranded on the rocks. Landscapes like this just don't exist on the east coast...I need to move to the west coast!

Thanks for looking, any comments or crits are more than welcomed. Thanks.

TR

Aug 02, 2016 at 06:37 AM
wlpelzmann
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Point Atkinson Lighthouse

Wonderfully peaceful evening! We explored Lighthouse Park on a visit last year but couldn't stay until sunset - had reservations for a great salmon dinner. :-)

Aug 02, 2016 at 01:00 PM
dswiger
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Point Atkinson Lighthouse

Travis,
At first I wasn't sure about the UWA look, then realized that allowed you to include that large-low rock. This reminds me a lot of my Bass Harbor scene with the trees, rock foreground. The pond lead-in with the shadows is a nice touch.
I like this shot alot.
Thanks for posting

Dan

Aug 03, 2016 at 11:16 PM
Linda Shorey
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Point Atkinson Lighthouse

I love your long, wide view - beautiful!

With respect, you will find just as stunning rocky coastline photo ops in my home state of Maine

Aug 04, 2016 at 08:26 AM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Point Atkinson Lighthouse

SCHWeeeeeeet Travis! I love Vancouver!!! Excellent image!
Dan

Aug 04, 2016 at 09:15 AM
suchy
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Point Atkinson Lighthouse

I live about 20-minutes from this location and must say that this is one of the better shots that I have seen from Lighthouse Park / Point Atkinson.

Glad you enjoyed your stay in Vancouver!

Aug 05, 2016 at 01:42 AM
Travis Rhoads
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Point Atkinson Lighthouse

Apologies for the delayed replies...I have been on the road for work all week...

wlpelzmann wrote:
Wonderfully peaceful evening! We explored Lighthouse Park on a visit last year but couldn't stay until sunset - had reservations for a great salmon dinner. :-)

I think I would prefer the landscape! It was such a cool spot, I can't wait to go back someday.
---------------------------------------------

dswiger wrote:
Travis,
At first I wasn't sure about the UWA look, then realized that allowed you to include that large-low rock. This reminds me a lot of my Bass Harbor scene with the trees, rock foreground. The pond lead-in with the shadows is a nice touch.
I like this shot alot.
Thanks for posting

Dan

HI Dan. Glad you see what I liked about the wide view...I liked the rocks and tide pool leading in from the right, and the inclusion of the rocks on the left, more of an environmental portrait of the lighthouse in its setting, rather than just a photo of a lighthouse. Thanks for taking the time to look and comment.

Linda Shorey wrote:
I love your long, wide view - beautiful!

With respect, you will find just as stunning rocky coastline photo ops in my home state of Maine

Linda, thanks for the kind words...yes, Maine has scenes like this, and I hope to see them someday sooner than later!

Danpbphoto wrote:
SCHWeeeeeeet Travis! I love Vancouver!!! Excellent image!
Dan

Thanks Dan! Vancouver was awesome...really want to go back already.

suchy wrote:
I live about 20-minutes from this location and must say that this is one of the better shots that I have seen from Lighthouse Park / Point Atkinson.

Glad you enjoyed your stay in Vancouver!

Wow, that is very kind of you, I appreciate that a lot. I loved Vancouver...trying to convince my wife to seek a transfer to Vancouver!

Aug 05, 2016 at 08:34 AM
MJKoski
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Point Atkinson Lighthouse

dswiger wrote:
Travis,
I like this shot alot.
Thanks for posting

Dan

Kind of my thoughts as well. Except my mind is now unsettled about the size relation between the lighthouse the the tree next to it However, those rock textures on the foreground are interesting enough to compensate.

Aug 05, 2016 at 08:46 AM
dgdg
• • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Point Atkinson Lighthouse

Nice shot Travis. I like the comp and colors a lot. Glad you could escape for a night with your photography.
Now don't go moving. You've done the East Coast some fine justice which it deserves.

David

Aug 05, 2016 at 12:21 PM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.