Your comments and critiques welcome.
Steve

Crosstown

Aug 01, 2016 at 09:12 PM
ben egbert
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Crosstown

Interesting shot. Right into the headlights but everything is good. At first I said, a phone booth? Who has phone booths these days? Then I realized it was a shelter for bus passengers. My last days in big cities still had booths and bus passengers waited in the rain.

It's been at least 60 years since I rode a bus, but the essence has not changed much. You have captured it.

Aug 01, 2016 at 10:00 PM
eeneryma
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Crosstown

ben egbert wrote:
Interesting shot. Right into the headlights but everything is good. At first I said, a phone booth? Who has phone booths these days? Then I realized it was a shelter for bus passengers. My last days in big cities still had booths and bus passengers waited in the rain.

It's been at least 60 years since I rode a bus, but the essence has not changed much. You have captured it.

Actually Ben, that is a phone kiosk. A company called titan has the franchise here, but the phone kiosks are in generally poor condition. With cell phones so prevalent, not sure many people use them anymore.
Some of the bus stops now have shelters with seats to sit and wait. All in all, the essence has not changed, only the price to ride, which I think is $2.50. I pay the senior rate, 1/2., a bargain.

Aug 01, 2016 at 10:23 PM
rgoosney
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Crosstown

Classic placement of your watermark, it looks like it is part of the bus.

Aug 02, 2016 at 06:08 AM

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.