Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Trip Location Advice & Meet-ups | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · Suggestions for Chattanooga TN for 2 days?

Valvicphoto
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Suggestions for Chattanooga TN for 2 days?

Greetings guys. Thanks for the previous advice Portland OR in my other thread, I go there today!

I am going to be in Chattanooga this weekend, for Saturday sunset, and Sunday sunrise and all day also. Any recommendations on locations?

Thanks in advance,
Vito

Aug 01, 2016 at 10:20 AM
cherubino
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Suggestions for Chattanooga TN for 2 days?

Signal Point Park on Signal Mountain and Point Park on Lookout Mountain both are nice overlooks. All along the river downtown at the Tennessee Aquarium on both sides of the river are shops and restaurants. There is also pedestrian bridge connecting both sides of the river. Have fun!

Aug 01, 2016 at 03:25 PM
Vcize
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Suggestions for Chattanooga TN for 2 days?

The overlooks on the mountains are nice but without fall colors I'm not sure they're the best spot. I lived there for 4 years, sadly before I was really into photography, but if I were to go back for a day or two I would focus on the downtown/North Shore area near the river/aquarium/walking bridge.

You have the city with the mountains as a backdrop as well as the river, and the aquarium and walking bridge are both VERY interesting structures. A nice bonus is that they're both lit up and would make great blue hour subjects as well once sunset is over.

During the middle of the day it may be worth trying to get a shot of Ruby Falls. It's underground so not affected by the mid-day light. Though I have no idea what the tours are like nowadays and if they even let tripods in anymore.

Aug 10, 2016 at 01:25 AM

FM Forums | Trip Location Advice & Meet-ups | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.