FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              127      
       end

Nikon 105mm f/1.4E ED Image Thread

Todd
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.128 #1 · p.128 #1 · Nikon 105mm f/1.4E ED Image Thread

Well, I sold my Nikon 105MM F/1.4 recently. I feel that I got a lemon. After sending it into Nikon to have it cleaned, more dust started appearing underneath the front element and now behind the rear element. And in my frustration, I got rid of it instead of trying to fiddle with Nikon. I got mine just after it was released roughly right off the assembly line I guess... yesterday I purchased a new one and this one is clean. Nearly a year has gone by so the newly manufactured ones should be made with a lot more care. It's sharper and performs better than the first one that I had and I am much happier. I did some Astrophotography with it and some star testing and the stars are pinpoint even at f/1.4 to the extreme edges. The stars were fairly sharp to the edges with the previous copy, but even better with this one. I am very happy now, not that anyone cares, but I'm happy. Lol ...

Edited on Aug 21, 2017 at 03:14 AM · View previous versions

Aug 21, 2017 at 03:09 AM
Hardcore
• • • •
p.128 #2 · p.128 #2 · Nikon 105mm f/1.4E ED Image Thread

Todd wrote:
Well, I sold my Nikon 105MM F/1.4 recently. I feel that I got a lemon. After sending it into Nikon to have it cleaned, more dust started appearing underneath the front element and now behind the rear element. And in my frustration, I got rid of it instead of trying to fiddle with Nikon. I got mine just after it was released roughly right off the assembly line I guess... yesterday I purchased a new one and this one is clean. Nearly a year has gone by so the newly manufactured ones should be made with a lot more
...Show more

Hopefully someone got a good deal on a lens that sounds like a lemon. Congrats on the good copy!

Aug 21, 2017 at 03:14 AM
Todd
• • • •
p.128 #3 · p.128 #3 · Nikon 105mm f/1.4E ED Image Thread

Hardcore wrote:
Hopefully someone got a good deal on a lens that sounds like a lemon. Congrats on the good copy!

Thanks! I am anxious and ready to do some nice portrait work.. so far I have only been playing with it around the house and outside and taking multiple meaningless photos of the dog . The condition of the dust was getting on my nerves so much to where I didn't really want to use this lens anymore. Now that I have a new one, that performs better and is definitely sharper, excitement has started back up

Aug 21, 2017 at 03:17 AM
       end

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password