Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2016 · Another composition of Castle Mountain - Banff National Park

Jim Dockery
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Another composition of Castle Mountain - Banff National Park

I like em both, but #1 gets my vote for best - I really like the curving light on the hills/trees below the mountain leading up to it. Great HDR processing. I love that area, but haven't been up for many years (since I went digital) so I really look forward to a future visit.

Aug 13, 2016 at 08:39 PM
Scott Stoness
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Another composition of Castle Mountain - Banff National Park

Jim Dockery wrote:
I like em both, but #1 gets my vote for best - I really like the curving light on the hills/trees below the mountain leading up to it. Great HDR processing. I love that area, but haven't been up for many years (since I went digital) so I really look forward to a future visit.

Glad you like 1. You should come and visit. It is still as pretty as always. Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated. Scott

Aug 14, 2016 at 01:48 AM
oldrattler
• • • • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Another composition of Castle Mountain - Banff National Park

You do nice work Scott. I prefer #1

Aug 14, 2016 at 02:21 AM
Etherton
• • • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Another composition of Castle Mountain - Banff National Park

Beautiful images! I like #1 better with the lighting coming in from the side. Maybe a tad more contrast and adjustment of black levels IMHO.

DaleBerlin wrote:
I guess this is my day for finding oil spots on sensors, you have at least one I see.

I'm counting 4. Albeit, 3 are pretty faint. They're easier to see if you scroll up and down very slowly.

Aug 14, 2016 at 06:28 AM
Scott Stoness
• • • • • •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · Another composition of Castle Mountain - Banff National Park

oldrattler: Glad you like my work and 1. Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated. Scott

Etherton: Glad you like 1. Thanks for the suggestion on contrast and black adjustments. I find I have to take some time between processing cycles or I lose judgement in processing. Thanks for the confirmation on dust spots. Much appreciated. Scott

Aug 14, 2016 at 10:02 AM
Rohanban
• • •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · Another composition of Castle Mountain - Banff National Park

Looks nice! #1 works the best for me. I love how the light is partial on the mountain slopes. I do wish a bit more of the water was visible in this shot.

Aug 17, 2016 at 11:30 AM
Scott Stoness
• • • • • •
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · Another composition of Castle Mountain - Banff National Park

Rohanban wrote:
Looks nice! #1 works the best for me. I love how the light is partial on the mountain slopes. I do wish a bit more of the water was visible in this shot.

Thanks rohanban. I would have to go 4x3 to get more river. I like 16x9. But I will take a look at different crop. Thanks. Scott

Aug 17, 2016 at 02:46 PM
       end

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.