New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · Urgent Care

eeneryma
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Urgent Care

Your comments and critiques appreciated.
Steve

© eeneryma 2016

Urgent Care

Jul 30, 2016 at 11:42 AM
vilimo
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Urgent Care

Nice one, Steve!!! A not so urgent urgent care

Jul 30, 2016 at 06:16 PM
eeneryma
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Urgent Care

vilimo wrote:
Nice one, Steve!!! A not so urgent urgent care

Thanks Vilimo.
Steve

Jul 31, 2016 at 10:37 AM
sbeme
• • • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Urgent Care

That's about right.

This would get me in trouble. Private health info violation (showing faces of people in a health care facility.

Scott

Jul 31, 2016 at 09:40 PM
eeneryma
• • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Urgent Care

sbeme wrote:
That's about right.

This would get me in trouble. Private health info violation (showing faces of people in a health care facility.

Scott

This was taken from outside on 14th street, looking through a storefront window. All passersby could see the same thing I photographed. I don't think I've embarrassed anyone, just showed the dramatic concern mirrored on the young lady's face. I thought it was a scene that many people could relate to and feel empathy for whatever she was experiencing. I think that if you watch the TV news at night, you see much more dramatic scenes than this. Curious what others think...

Jul 31, 2016 at 10:14 PM
beavens
• • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Urgent Care

I like the contrast between the words and the woman's expression (although for all we know the care WAS urgent).

Can't weigh in on the ethical side of the photograph as I'm not in healthcare. I don't think it's any more intrusive than other street photos, but like Steve I am also curious as to the general thoughts.

Cheers!

Jeff

Aug 01, 2016 at 07:06 AM
eeneryma
• • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Urgent Care

eeneryma wrote:
This was taken from outside on 14th street, looking through a storefront window. All passersby could see the same thing I photographed. I don't think I've embarrassed anyone, just showed the dramatic concern mirrored on the young lady's face. I thought it was a scene that many people could relate to and feel empathy for whatever she was experiencing. I think that if you watch the TV news at night, you see much more dramatic scenes than this. Curious what others think...

One other thought ( you got me thinking Scott as you usually do)... To a greater or lesser extent I think that the nature of street photography is that it is intrusive. When I think of some of the most famous street photos of the last century ( for instance, the Kent State shooting, or several of the Vietnam photos depicting the tragedy of war), I think that it is up to each photographer to gauge their moral compass and decide whether a particular photo is sensational and exploitative , or whether it tells a greater truth.

Steve

Aug 01, 2016 at 07:54 AM
GoodEgg
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Urgent Care

Great image. A real commentary on waiting rooms.

HIPAA has been misused. I don't think that either photo could be used to steal a person's identity. I don't believe either face would be convincing as ID.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Protected_health_information
"Under the US Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), PHI that is linked based on the following list of 18 identifiers must be treated with special care:
17. Full face photographic images and any comparable images"

Aug 02, 2016 at 10:16 PM
eeneryma
• • • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Urgent Care

GoodEgg wrote:
Great image. A real commentary on waiting rooms.

HIPAA has been misused. I don't think that either photo could be used to steal a person's identity. I don't believe either face would be convincing as ID.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Protected_health_information
"Under the US Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), PHI that is linked based on the following list of 18 identifiers must be treated with special care:
17. Full face photographic images and any comparable images"

You are definitely a helpful "goodegg". Thank you!
Steve

Aug 03, 2016 at 07:00 AM

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.