Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · Website Problems? Keystrokes Delayed, Pauses, Slow Loads...

Kubicide
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Website Problems? Keystrokes Delayed, Pauses, Slow Loads...

Anyone else noticing sudden odd behavior on this site? This site and only this site has started to act weird with keystrokes not being detected, pages sometimes not refreshing or loading, etc. Seems to have started just in the past week. And it seems like only certain pages are affected.

If I had to guess it feels like a bad script running perhaps with an ad, or the site admin has added something running in the background. Seeing a number of folks getting security alerts as well.

(Have been visiting this site for years so this behavior is both new and noticeable. Happening on a number of computers and only this site so I have to believe it's not on my end of the connection.)

Jul 29, 2016 at 08:45 PM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Website Problems? Keystrokes Delayed, Pauses, Slow Loads...

No problems here. Maybe you have some malware onboard.

Jul 30, 2016 at 09:18 AM
anthonysemone
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Website Problems? Keystrokes Delayed, Pauses, Slow Loads...

The only anomaly on FM that I see on my iPad Pro I attribute to the use of multiple ad-blockers, viz., Ghostery and Ad-Block Plus. And it is also true of KR's site, Ming Thien's sites. That anomaly is very, very slow times to display photos while scrolling. No problems with typing, no security alerts. HTH

Jul 30, 2016 at 10:00 AM
jancohen
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Website Problems? Keystrokes Delayed, Pauses, Slow Loads...

Are you running an ad blocker like AdBlock Plus? I had similar issues until I installed it, which cleared up after that.

Jul 30, 2016 at 10:01 AM
Kubicide
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Website Problems? Keystrokes Delayed, Pauses, Slow Loads...

Thanks for the replies. Nope on the comments on this having something to do my h/w; they are clean and note it's only this site and certain pages or actions, and it started suddenly regardless of the h/w being used here. Suspect it's a new or particular ad script running that my machines do not like (related to the suggestion on the ad blocker). Or perhaps something with the routing from my ISP.

Anyway, not a big deal but just an observation.

(Edit: looking at the webpage source in my browser it looks like some pages are indeed messed up running multiple JavaScript events for what looks like no apparent reason. And there's quite a bit of ad tracking/analytics running. This is probably choking the 'protective things' here.)

Jul 30, 2016 at 12:00 PM
EB-1
• • • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Website Problems? Keystrokes Delayed, Pauses, Slow Loads...

The site is occasionally slow to load or even unresponsive. I haven't noticed it today.

EBH

Jul 30, 2016 at 03:03 PM
sas8888

p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Website Problems? Keystrokes Delayed, Pauses, Slow Loads...

over the last week I have been getting browser freezes only on this site. Happens quit frequently 2 to 3 times a day. reboot or sometimes a ctl alt del will fix the problem also. but only problem with this site

Jul 30, 2016 at 03:56 PM
jancohen
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Website Problems? Keystrokes Delayed, Pauses, Slow Loads...

Ad blocker is the best way to fix it on this site.

Jul 30, 2016 at 07:57 PM

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.