FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · Chimney Bluffs

morris
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Chimney Bluffs

Chimney Bluffs State Park is located on Lake Ontario in New York State. They are quite unusual for NY and the reddish rock reminded me of Utah. We took a lovley wooded hike along the cliffs to the bluffs. Another option is to walk on the gravel beach. My training kept us from walking the gravel beach as one never knows when the waves will come up and trap you so we did the wooded walk in both directions. There is another trail deeper in the woods that we could have returned on yet we were there to see the bluffs and Lake Ontario.

071616DSC_4525 by Morris Altman, on Flickr

071616DSC_4541-4547B by Morris Altman, on Flickr

071616DSC_4552 by Morris Altman, on Flickr

071616DSC_4553 by Morris Altman, on Flickr

071616DSC_4574 by Morris Altman, on Flickr

Comments and suggestions welcome,

Morris

Jul 29, 2016 at 10:36 AM
Timmeh
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Chimney Bluffs

Hi Morris,

#4 is my pick for the natural contrast on the stone structures. The stray branches could be cloned out to clean it up a little bit.

Tim

Jul 30, 2016 at 10:38 PM
rickboss

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Chimney Bluffs

Hey Morris,

It's a whole different perspective from the beach. The bluffs remind me of church spires as they rise from the shore. As one would guess, they erode with time but still are unique to the area as there is nothing like them around New York State. The closest thing that comes to mind is Bryce Canyon in Utah, but that's on another level.

Rick

Jul 31, 2016 at 08:19 AM
morris
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Chimney Bluffs

Timmeh wrote:
Hi Morris,

#4 is my pick for the natural contrast on the stone structures. The stray branches could be cloned out to clean it up a little bit.

Tim

Thank you Tim,
that is my pick as well

---------------------------------------------

rickboss wrote:
Hey Morris,

It's a whole different perspective from the beach. The bluffs remind me of church spires as they rise from the shore. As one would guess, they erode with time but still are unique to the area as there is nothing like them around New York State. The closest thing that comes to mind is Bryce Canyon in Utah, but that's on another level.

Rick

Thank you Rick,
I thought of Utah when I saw these as well.

Morris

Aug 01, 2016 at 05:13 PM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.