New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · Western Wyoming

childan

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Western Wyoming

Hi All,

I'll be flying out to south western Wyoming in about 10 days and wanted to see if anyone has any good spots to take photos. The Tetons will be the closest thing to me. I'm wanting to go up into Yellowstone for a day. What in Yellowstone should I shoot? What is your favorites? Any input would be appreciated. Pictures are always welcomed too!

Jul 29, 2016 at 07:45 AM
Grantland
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Western Wyoming

If you have never been to GTNP you are in for a treat. Beautiful area.

I was at GTNP and YNP in May and saw a lot of wildlife. I was there last year in August and not as much wildlife to see.

There is a small area/town called Wilson just outside of Jackson where I have often seen moose. Bears are hit and miss. Yellowstone in August has bison, black bears, pronghorn, elk, etc.

Have fun! Bring bear spray if you get into the back country.

Grant

Jul 29, 2016 at 02:23 PM
childan

p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Western Wyoming

Thanks Grantland for the beautiful photos. It is a beautiful place. I haven't had any opportunities to shoot wildlife so this will be an added treat. It looks like you were pretty close to the elk. I'll have to invest in some bear spray. I wonder if I can take some on a plane with me?

In preparation for my trip I did purchase the PhotoPills app over the weekend. I do have to say it is quite impressive.

Aug 01, 2016 at 02:13 PM
unclechuck
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Western Wyoming

You might also scan the Trips Location and Meetups Forum for info ...

and Grantland those are some really nice shots!

Aug 01, 2016 at 04:08 PM
childan

p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Western Wyoming

Thanks unclechuck! I didn't realize there was a trip location advice and meetup forum. I started a new post there.

Aug 02, 2016 at 07:50 AM

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.