Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · Fuji X-pro2 impressions from weekend of photographing a music festival

unravel
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Fuji X-pro2 impressions from weekend of photographing a music festival

Hey all,

Long story short - i've tried all the brands (well- sony, leica, canon, nikon) and im in love with x-pro 2

Partially its just realizing that gear is not a limiting factor, but also the joy of use and having that feeling of a camera being out of the way

Main criticism i have really is the small-ish viewfinder and, for some reason, 3fps is A LOT LESS responsive than 8fps. i dont really comprehend it, is it just my camera?

What i love is image quality (and this is from someone who always did not like the way fuji files looked), but thats all secondary to how fun the camera is and how portable the whole kit is. Autofocus did struggle more than a DSLR at night, and theres in my opinion a decent discrepancy between older and newer fuji lenses in AF (55mm is a HOG compared to 90mm), but its all workable and i guess unless youre a wedding or sports photographer, its really a moot point. Also, looking forward to what xt-2 updates bring

Well, here are some photos that you can judge - http://srglevin.com/Panorama-2016

my kit included: 16mm f1.4, 23mm f1.4, 35mm f2, 56mm f1.2, and 90mm f2, and of course an x-pro 2

Thanks!!

Jul 28, 2016 at 01:34 PM
AbramG
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Fuji X-pro2 impressions from weekend of photographing a music festival

I really enjoy the set! Seems like you definitely captured the spirit of the festival.

It's cool to hear your experience with the camera. It's one I too enjoyed using when I rented one, but I was just struggling to get the most out of the files at the time.

That would be the same lens kit I'd pick for myself.

Jul 28, 2016 at 02:36 PM
fotografur
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Fuji X-pro2 impressions from weekend of photographing a music festival

Nice set, well done on your framing and composition!

Jul 28, 2016 at 03:41 PM
furinox

p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Fuji X-pro2 impressions from weekend of photographing a music festival

Good stuff. Exact same lenses I have as well as 2x xpro2.

Switched from Sony a7rII/a7II

Jul 28, 2016 at 03:44 PM
Sorbet
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Fuji X-pro2 impressions from weekend of photographing a music festival

unravel wrote:
Hey all,

Long story short - i've tried all the brands (well- sony, leica, canon, nikon) and im in love with x-pro 2

Partially its just realizing that gear is not a limiting factor, but also the joy of use and having that feeling of a camera being out of the way

Main criticism i have really is the small-ish viewfinder and, for some reason, 3fps is A LOT LESS responsive than 8fps. i dont really comprehend it, is it just my camera?

What i love is image quality (and this is from someone who always did not like the way
...Show more

Any idea whether the AF would be good for weddings? People walking up/down an interior aisle, dancing in dark venues, etc.

Jul 28, 2016 at 05:01 PM
charles.K
• • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Fuji X-pro2 impressions from weekend of photographing a music festival

Sorbet wrote:
Any idea whether the AF would be good for weddings? People walking up/down an interior aisle, dancing in dark venues, etc.

In September the XT2 will be out and the AF is meant to great on par with the A6300. So if fast AF is the main criteria I would wait. The Xpro2 and XT2 have the same sensor.

Jul 28, 2016 at 05:34 PM
charles.K
• • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Fuji X-pro2 impressions from weekend of photographing a music festival

Great shots!!! Excellent compositions....
I am looking for a Xpro2 myself, just for the fun and ergonomics and of course the Fuji colors.

Jul 28, 2016 at 05:36 PM
justruss
• • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Fuji X-pro2 impressions from weekend of photographing a music festival

Really nice stuff!

Jul 29, 2016 at 07:56 AM
Spyro P.
• • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Fuji X-pro2 impressions from weekend of photographing a music festival

well done

Jul 29, 2016 at 08:04 AM
mgkaplan
• •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Fuji X-pro2 impressions from weekend of photographing a music festival

I have had the privilege of holding and "playing with" the X-T2. Fortunately my local camera store was having Fuji day and the rep was at the store with most of the Fuji X line. After a few minutes with this camera it was clear that it is all that the reviewers are reporting. Autofocus is among the best, the viewfinder is larger & brighter, the frame rate is 8 fps which can be upped to 11 with the booster grip. It has 4K video. Needless to say, I ordered one before leaving the store.

I am looking forward to receiving mine when they ship in September.

Jul 29, 2016 at 08:30 AM

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.