Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · Site feedback for a newbie?

Jefzor

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Site feedback for a newbie?

Hi,
I just updated my site and would really appreciate it if you guys could give me some feedback on it. Specifically on the contact and the price (prijzen/prijs) pages, but also general usability, loading times etc. I have some nature photography on there too, but I'm not planning to monetize it. Do you think it has any value in getting clients' attention, or is it just a distraction from the wedding work?

PS: It's not in English, but the importand words like "blog" and "portfolio" are the same.

www.jefpauwels.be

Jul 27, 2016 at 05:37 PM
dccb2009

p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Site feedback for a newbie?

It's nice and clean. Though I think there is just too much wasted space for the header section.

Anyhow, I recommend installing Wordfence if you haven't done so already.

Jul 29, 2016 at 06:49 AM
OlafSiebert
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Site feedback for a newbie?

Jef, my critics are raw, but honest.

On 'home' you start talking in the third person ('Jef is', but later on you switch to first person ('mijn'). Don't mix this. Personally, since it is YOUR site, I think you should talk in the first person.

'Prijzen': basically, except weddings, all your sessions are 200 euro, so you can simplify your list. I would not offer a discount on my site. Futhermore, to see your prices, I need to click 4 times. Make it easy: a customer should only click once to see all your prices.

Natuur: get rid off it. No single couple cares about this. Nature should be your hobby, your passion. Portraits is your business. Don't mix this.

Blog: keep it strictly business. Facebook is for your private outings, the blog for portrait work.

hope this helps. olaf (yes, I do speak dutch).

Jul 29, 2016 at 02:55 PM
Jefzor

p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Site feedback for a newbie?

Thanks a lot for taking the time to review it. You both make good points.

Aug 01, 2016 at 12:16 AM
heikoM
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Site feedback for a newbie?

Hi and welcome!

Think about color. A website is much more appealing if you reduce the variety of colors to a few, especially on the landing page.

No nature images.

Your client should get within seconds what all is about.

Think about what makes you special. Why should the couple book you? Make that clear from the very beginning.
This is the hardest part of all.

Show only your very best work. Too much images of the same setting. I would not start with images in the portfolio where one is looking into the camera and the other not. Put your best images to the front of your portfolio, like the allee shots. Show images with emotion (big one!).

Hope this helps a bit.

heiko

Aug 01, 2016 at 04:00 AM
Jefzor

p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Site feedback for a newbie?

Thank you for the welcome and the feedback. As for variation, the sad truth is that I don't have a lot of photoshoots to work with so far. So if I only use the best 3 from each shoot, I end up with something like 9 photo's per genre. I'll try to reorder what I have, focus on candids, and remove the weakest links. I'll have more material to work with in a couple of months. I'll also remove some personal blogs and will stop posting new personal stuff that only my mom would care about

Aug 02, 2016 at 12:33 PM
thijske

p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Site feedback for a newbie?

Hi Jef,

You should also extend your contact info.
Where are you located? I can't find this on your site.
People like to know this!

Greetz Thijs

Aug 03, 2016 at 08:24 AM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.