New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · Replacement foot for 70-200 VRII

Hrow
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Replacement foot for 70-200 VRII

I need a replacement foot for my 70-200 f2.8 VRII. I use RRS lever clamps. Anyone notice any difference in quality or performance between the replacement feet offered by RRS or Kirk? I assume that the Kirks play nicely with RRS clamps but would appreciate a heads up if that is not the case.

The Kirk LP-45 is slightly cheaper and will arrive faster but the difference isn't enough to sway me away from the RRS LCF-10 if that is truly the better option.

Jul 27, 2016 at 10:47 AM
Dale Kirchhofer
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Replacement foot for 70-200 VRII

I've used both RRS and Kirk for various collars, feet, QR plates and see no difference between them. Kirk does seem to be a little cheaper. I did not replace the foot on my 70-200 but added a QR plate for added support and ease of use.

dale

Jul 28, 2016 at 02:11 PM
James Farrell
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Replacement foot for 70-200 VRII

Well, maybe this helps ... and maybe it speaks to the "inter-changeability" of some of these products. I have had in my possession a Kirk and RRS foot for my Nikon 300 f/2.8 VR and other Kirk camera body plates that mounts perfectly fine on:
1. a Markins M10L ball head
2. a Jobu Jr. 3 Deluxe gimbal head.
3. a Wimberley Sidekick
4. a Wimberley WH-200 full gimbal head.
So, I guess what I am saying is that the Kirk and RRS feet (and I assume the replacement foot) for the 70-200 should be interchangeable.

Jul 28, 2016 at 02:56 PM
Hrow
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Replacement foot for 70-200 VRII

Thanks guys. My Nikon foot finally gave up the ghost after being nursed along for too long. Went from a bit wobbly to totally unsafe. Not sure why Nikon has trouble with the little things but at least it is replaceable.

Jul 28, 2016 at 03:24 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.