New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · Double Acme

eeneryma
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Double Acme

A reshoot, with some of Kent's suggestions in mind...

Steve

© eeneryma 2016

Double Acme

Jul 26, 2016 at 09:34 PM
beavens
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Double Acme

Steve,

Can you direct me more towards the goal of the shot? I am jet-lagged to hell, so it could just be that I'm a bit thick in the skull at the moment.

What sticks out to me is the insanely awesome rendering that you've got going on here - it's almost like the image was computer generated! I also like the bird on top of the lamp post.

But overall, it's going over my head!

Cheers!

Jeff

Jul 27, 2016 at 12:44 PM
eeneryma
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Double Acme

beavens wrote:
Steve,

Can you direct me more towards the goal of the shot? I am jet-lagged to hell, so it could just be that I'm a bit thick in the skull at the moment.

What sticks out to me is the insanely awesome rendering that you've got going on here - it's almost like the image was computer generated! I also like the bird on top of the lamp post.

But overall, it's going over my head!

Cheers!

Jeff

See View from Acme a little ways down, or: https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1441970

Kent had some interesting suggestions, so I had the opportunity to go back and reshoot a little differently. By the way, I never even noticed the bird on top of the light pole. Even when you're jetlagged, your eye is incredible.

Steve

Jul 27, 2016 at 01:31 PM
beavens
• • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Double Acme

eeneryma wrote:
See View from Acme a little ways down, or: https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1441970

Kent had some interesting suggestions, so I had the opportunity to go back and reshoot a little differently. By the way, I never even noticed the bird on top of the light pole. Even when you're jetlagged, your eye is incredible.

Steve

Is Acme a chain of stores or do they make the cart corrals?

As far as my eyes are concerned, it's probably the same thing that happens when others see the little details in photos I post. We get tunnel vision when processing our own pics and can overlook the minutia as opposed to another viewer coming in fresh off the bat, ya know?

Jul 27, 2016 at 01:37 PM
eeneryma
• • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Double Acme

beavens wrote:
Is Acme a chain of stores or do they make the cart corrals?

As far as my eyes are concerned, it's probably the same thing that happens when others see the little details in photos I post. We get tunnel vision when processing our own pics and can overlook the minutia as opposed to another viewer coming in fresh off the bat, ya know?

Acme is a chain of Super Markets, this one around the corner from where I work. FYI, I saw a study done recently that photographers eyes survey a photo in far greater detail than the average person, their eyes moving over a photo repeatedly in all kinds of different directions. Not earth shattering, but to make my point, you have "photographer eyes."

Jul 27, 2016 at 01:44 PM
beavens
• • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Double Acme

eeneryma wrote:
Acme is a chain of Super Markets, this one around the corner from where I work. FYI, I saw a study done recently that photographers eyes survey a photo in far greater detail than the average person, their eyes moving over a photo repeatedly in all kinds of different directions. Not earth shattering, but to make my point, you have "photographer eyes."

Things make more sense now! The "best buy" now fits in quite nicely.

I've seen the same study where they did eye tracking and my god it seemed like the professional photog was on meth with how much he bounced over an image.

It really shows the difference that details can make with your intended audience.

Jul 27, 2016 at 01:54 PM

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.