New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · Speedotron setup

Michael White
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Speedotron setup

Many moons ago I bought a Speedotron strobe setup IIRC it has a 405 power pack, a 202 light, and a 204vf lift plus a square softbox, several reflectors, barn door and other stuff. It was my first light setup other than a single hot shoe flash. I used it some but never used it enought to warrant getting it. I later built a vivitar kit to use then a canon speedlight Kit sold the vivitar st O a friend. Then I tried several large flashes like quantum but none worked with my canon kit very well using pocket wizard ittl radios. I later bought a Elinchrom quatra Kit then a second light of the opposite type so I would have both types of lights in case I needed them.

Now I have all these lighting kits that I'm not using. I need help pricing them.

1) Speedotron Kit listed above with extras
2) quantum t5d with quantum radio no turbo battery I'm keeping them for my canons.

This stuff has been packed in my pelicans cases.not included.

Jul 26, 2016 at 01:13 AM
Michael White
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Speedotron setup

No interest in a studio kit?

Aug 19, 2016 at 12:19 PM
MNPNW
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Speedotron setup

One of the tough things about "traditional" power packs is that most of us use less power and want fine control over each light. Right now on local craigslist there is Black Line 812 for sale, $ 250 for one, $ 400 for two.

Check eBay for other prices. Currently I see a D402 for $ 70.

Sorry I can't offer any more pricing guidelines.

The reason I never jump in to purchase is that at ISO 100, I often use 7-10 WS per light at f5.6.

Years ago with ISO 25-64 film, I needed more power. And with large format lots of power was important.

Aug 19, 2016 at 06:50 PM
Michael White
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Speedotron setup

So everyone want small and disposable

Aug 20, 2016 at 06:26 PM
c.d.embrey
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Speedotron setup

Here's one of the few uses of Speedotron, that I can think of in SoCal http://studioexchange.com/studio-f/ Click on the lower photo to see an overhead lighting box full of Speedotron heads.

Thunder Studios http://www.thunderstudios.com used to have an even larger one on Stage 10. Now they have replaced the flash with Fisher Light continuous lighting.

Aug 20, 2016 at 09:09 PM

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.