New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · Lightroom 6 image does not open in CS6 Photoshop

angel manguel
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Lightroom 6 image does not open in CS6 Photoshop

Recently ran into a problem when attempting to edit a LR6 image in CS6. Select the image in LR6, click on edit in, select Photoshop, Photoshop opens but no image appears. Working on an iMac with El Capitan.

1. Adobe forum suggested reload Photoshop. Did that. No go.

2. Adobe forum suggested searching for hidden file in the Library - com.adobe.Photoshop.plist file and dragging it to trash. Did that. No go.

3. Adobe forum suggested downloading ps_picker.lrdevplugin.zip and installing in LR6. Did that. No go.

So all three of the primary fixes have been unsuccessful. Adobe offers no other solutions that I could find.

Anyone else have this problem? and, if so, how did you fix it? Adobe seems to be detached from this issue although it appears to be widespread based on all of the posts on Adobe forums dating back to 2012.

Alan

Jul 23, 2016 at 08:37 PM
angel manguel
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Lightroom 6 image does not open in CS6 Photoshop

This wa initially posted to the post processing/printing forum and then cross-posted here. Hope to hear from a few of you if have had this problem and, if you did, how you solved it. In anticipation of your assistance, thanks to those who take the time to respond.

Alan

Jul 24, 2016 at 12:24 PM
RVRich
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Lightroom 6 image does not open in CS6 Photoshop

Can you open adjacent photos in LR? Have you tried to navigate to the photo in the Finder and open it directly in PS? If these work then I'm clueless. Oh - I'm sure someone has suggested to optimize the catalog already but if not, give that a try.

--Rich

Jul 24, 2016 at 04:35 PM
birdied
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Lightroom 6 image does not open in CS6 Photoshop

Can you export the photo to your desktop and then try and open in Photoshop? I know now an ideal solution, but at least it might get you your photo in Photoshop.

Birdie

Jul 24, 2016 at 05:27 PM
angel manguel
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Lightroom 6 image does not open in CS6 Photoshop

pfnskyshots wrote:
Can you open adjacent photos in LR? Have you tried to navigate to the photo in the Finder and open it directly in PS? If these work then I'm clueless. Oh - I'm sure someone has suggested to optimize the catalog already but if not, give that a try.

--Rich

Seems to be a common problem for a lot of people. Adobe has suggested some workarounds with varying results. Might depend more on the end user.
---------------------------------------------

birdied wrote:
Can you export the photo to your desktop and then try and open in Photoshop? I know now an ideal solution, but at least it might get you your photo in Photoshop.

Birdie

Yup, able to do that OK, just a little more cumbersome. Seems that two programs from the same company should be friends, don't you think?

Alan

Jul 24, 2016 at 10:07 PM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.