New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · male couple

brick33308
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · male couple

I photographed a male couple who have been partnered for many years. In case the subject matter offends, rather than post the images directly into this thread, here instead is a link. I created these images at the behest of the couple, but also because I'm just learning how to use studio lighting which I tested on them. All were lit from a flash bounced into a 60" umbrella and back on them.All of the images are tasteful but again, if the subject matter of 2 males together offends, best not to view the images.

pictures

Jul 23, 2016 at 08:54 AM
bbourizk
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · male couple

Those offended can F##k Off...

I like the images...not so keep on the processing..A bit too much clarity for my liking. 4, 6 and the last are my favorites...they really show how close they are.

Jul 23, 2016 at 10:50 AM
nolaguy
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · male couple

Beautiful set, Irwin and while I agree with bb's FO sentiments, it was sensitive of you to post as a link. Very thoughtful but for what it's worth, in my opinion, unnecessary. It's a very artistic, human, tasteful set and the title of the thread is sufficient to inform any who would prefer not to view.

Also, I opened your site to find your name and I so enjoyed your fuller work. Thanks for posting and providing your site link.

Kind regards,

Chuck

Jul 23, 2016 at 11:11 AM
brick33308
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · male couple

nolaguy wrote:
Beautiful set, Irwin and while I agree with bb's FO sentiments, it was sensitive of you to post as a link. Very thoughtful but for what it's worth, in my opinion, unnecessary. It's a very artistic, human, tasteful set and the title of the thread is sufficient to inform any who would prefer not to view.

Also, I opened your site to find your name and I so enjoyed your fuller work. Thanks for posting and providing your site link.

Kind regards,

Chuck

thanks Chuck, I appreciate that very much!

Jul 23, 2016 at 11:30 AM
brick33308
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · male couple

bbourizk wrote:
Those offended can F##k Off...

I like the images...not so keep on the processing..A bit too much clarity for my liking. 4, 6 and the last are my favorites...they really show how close they are.

lol, thanks! Yes I went for more of a grunge look which I thought suited the subject matter in black/white.

Jul 23, 2016 at 11:32 AM
friscoron
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · male couple

I don't have an issue with same-sex couples, but the third pic in the series definitely earns the series a link rather than just a NSFW warning. Having said that, this is really nicely done and I like the B&W processing. Great job!

Jul 23, 2016 at 02:29 PM
brick33308
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · male couple

friscoron wrote:
I don't have an issue with same-sex couples, but the third pic in the series definitely earns the series a link rather than just a NSFW warning. Having said that, this is really nicely done and I like the B&W processing. Great job!

thanks! I debated including that image but then decided to because I like the entanglement of arms/legs without any faces or other body parts. Also I think the black/white processing helped keep that image from veering into prurient which I think color may have.

Jul 23, 2016 at 02:32 PM
nolaguy
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · male couple

friscoron wrote:
I don't have an issue with same-sex couples, but the third pic in the series definitely earns the series a link rather than just a NSFW warning.

brick33308 wrote:
thanks! I debated including that image but then decided to because I like the entanglement of arms/legs without any faces or other body parts. Also I think the black/white processing helped keep that image from veering into prurient which I think color may have.

Ron's point is well taken and I have to admit I missed that one. My head must be in artsy-fartsy nirvana this morning because my thought on that image was that it was unfortunate the gentleman had briefs on. It was distracting to me and took away a bit from the natural and visually interesting "entanglement" as Irwin describes it.

The set doesn't feel at all prurient to me but it certainly feels intimate. In a sense I'm not entirely at ease... it resonates as profoundly personal, as if I'd inadvertently come upon a very private moment.

Jul 23, 2016 at 02:46 PM
friscoron
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · male couple

I definitely think the image is an integral part of the series, and agree with Chuck on the briefs. The entanglement gives the image, to me, an artistic impression.

Jul 23, 2016 at 03:04 PM
brick33308
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · male couple

My head must be in artsy-fartsy nirvana this morning because my thought on that image was that it was unfortunate the gentleman had briefs on. It was distracting to me and took away a bit from the natural and visually interesting "entanglement" as Irwin describes it.

The set doesn't feel at all prurient to me but it certainly feels intimate. In a sense I'm not entirely at ease... it resonates as profoundly personal, as if I'd inadvertently come upon a very private moment.

Funny, I had the same thought about the underwear only after I was working on the images in post.

Yes, all but the next to last of the images were intended to voyeuristically capture 2 people involved with themselves and unaware of the camera. My preferred genre that I'm told is my strong suit is street work, shooting people in candid situations, unaware of being photographed. Only then do I sense what my subjects are thinking and are all about. The subjects of this series are partnered for years, and also they're friends, so they were comfortable interacting with themselves as though I wasn't in the room.

Jul 23, 2016 at 03:10 PM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.