Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · looking for advice on Nikon 1 system; V1, J1 and underwater enclosure

Justin Huffman
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · looking for advice on Nikon 1 system; V1, J1 and underwater enclosure

Hi there folks, long time member just not active lately. I have a Nikon V1 which is a great camera. I found an underwater enclosure from BH and bought it. I did read that it said Nikon 1 J1 and hoped that it would fit but it does not. The enclosure only cost 50 bucks brand new so it seems like a great deal still.

My question is are the J1 J2 and J3 chassis all the same? Im considering selling the V1 system for the J system so i can use the enclosure. Many thanks for any advice you all can offer.

Justin

Update - just found a polaroid enclosure from BH for 129. would i be better off buying that one and selling the J1 enclosure or even returning it to BH.... again many thanks

Jul 22, 2016 at 06:19 AM
rick_reno
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · looking for advice on Nikon 1 system; V1, J1 and underwater enclosure

If you bought the WP-N1 it fits the J1/J2 cameras, not the V1. If I were getting a J camera today, I'd get the J5 - the sensor is quite a bit better than earlier models. Meikon makes an UW housing for it.
Your other choice is eliminate the housings and get a AW1, I've had one since they first came out and it's a very nice little package for shallow dives.

Jul 22, 2016 at 07:31 AM
Justin Huffman
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · looking for advice on Nikon 1 system; V1, J1 and underwater enclosure

ok thanks Rick

Jul 23, 2016 at 03:02 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.