FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · Kings Canyon High

Timmeh
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Kings Canyon High

I went backpacking into the High Sierra from Road's End and poked around for 5 days. There were a lot of interesting granite formations, but it seems like July has been completely dead for clouds in the Sierra. Oh well. This spot had more mosquitos then I've ever seen. I had to fan in front of my lens just so there weren't hundreds of black spots in the photo. The dominant tree species in the area is the Foxtail Pine which is the Sierra cousin to the Great Basin Bristlecone Pine.

C&C welcome and appreciated!

Tim

Foxtail Territory

Jul 21, 2016 at 12:44 PM
Jeffrey
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Kings Canyon High

Nice imaging Tim. I just backpacked from the east side and the mosquitos were the worse in years.

Jul 21, 2016 at 01:32 PM
morris
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Kings Canyon High

Very nice Tim. While mosquitoes are annoying I'd rather them than elephant flies

Morris

Jul 21, 2016 at 04:40 PM
angel manguel
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Kings Canyon High

Beautiful spot, beautifully captured Tim.

Lots of mozzies means lots of water so should be good for the drought situation, don't ya think?

Alan

Jul 21, 2016 at 06:56 PM
Timmeh
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Kings Canyon High

Thanks for the comments Jeffrey, Morris, and Alan!

Jeffrey: Thanks for confirming that this is a mosquito high.

Morris: I haven't heard of elephant flies. Is it a horse fly that is even more of a jerk, or is it Dumbo?

Alan: There was still a fair amount of water which does mean our state isn't going to dry up just yet. Here's hoping that scientists come up with a solution better than DDT to help curb these flying hypodermic needles.

Tim

Jul 22, 2016 at 12:11 PM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.