FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · Heads Up - APS Can Not Service Nikon D750

MRomine
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Heads Up - APS Can Not Service Nikon D750

Two weddings ago I blew a shutter blande on one of my D750. Last week I sent it to Morton Grove, APS to be repaired. Today I called them to see about the status and whether or not I would have it back by Friday in time for the next wedding. Upon calling I find out that they can not work on D750, NPS has never given them what they need to work on them. Anyway, they sent my camera to Melville without notifying me that they were doing so, So now I have no way to track the progress through NPS because I don't have the claim number.

Edited on Jul 21, 2016 at 11:16 AM · View previous versions

Jul 20, 2016 at 06:18 PM
SGallant
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Heads Up - APS Can Not Service Nikon D750

Bummer a friend of mine's went like that a few weddings back. Out of warranty and he sent it to Nikon, they still fixed it for free. Hopefully you will end up with a free repair too. I can't tell you how many free repairs I got from Nikon last year, that I wasn't expecting. Good Luck Mark!

Jul 21, 2016 at 09:05 AM
form
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Heads Up - APS Can Not Service Nikon D750

No surprises, that's all as-expected. Not sure why people buy grey market Nikon stuff either since they'll have a wonderful time trying to get it fixed (Nikon explicitly states NO grey market equipment will be serviced by them).

Jul 22, 2016 at 10:01 AM
MRomine
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Heads Up - APS Can Not Service Nikon D750

form wrote:
No surprises, that's all as-expected. Not sure why people buy grey market Nikon stuff either since they'll have a wonderful time trying to get it fixed (Nikon explicitly states NO grey market equipment will be serviced by them).

Not sure why you are bringing this up. I did not say mine was grey market and in fact it isn't. Plus Nikon has recently announced that they will be accepting and working on Grey market gear.

Jul 22, 2016 at 01:22 PM
form
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Heads Up - APS Can Not Service Nikon D750

I just bring it up because it falls in line with the restrictive actions that both Nikon and Canon did a few years ago, including no longer providing a lot of servicing parts to any non-Nikon repair facilities. I'm a little surprised to hear Nikon changed their tune about grey market stuff. I wonder why? Too many complaints perhaps...

Jul 23, 2016 at 11:24 AM
dhp_sf
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Heads Up - APS Can Not Service Nikon D750

form wrote:
I just bring it up because it falls in line with the restrictive actions that both Nikon and Canon did a few years ago, including no longer providing a lot of servicing parts to any non-Nikon repair facilities. I'm a little surprised to hear Nikon changed their tune about grey market stuff. I wonder why? Too many complaints perhaps...

I have friends that use grey-market D750s and Nikon has serviced their cameras.

Jul 23, 2016 at 08:31 PM
MRomine
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Heads Up - APS Can Not Service Nikon D750

SGallant wrote:
Bummer a friend of mine's went like that a few weddings back. Out of warranty and he sent it to Nikon, they still fixed it for free. Hopefully you will end up with a free repair too. I can't tell you how many free repairs I got from Nikon last year, that I wasn't expecting. Good Luck Mark!

I can't believe it, they repaired my shutter and shipped it back to me for free. It was out of warranty as well. The only down side, I had to rent a body for two weekends.

Jul 28, 2016 at 12:07 PM
SGallant
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Heads Up - APS Can Not Service Nikon D750

MRomine wrote:
I can't believe it, they repaired my shutter and shipped it back to me for free. It was out of warranty as well. The only down side, I had to rent a body for two weekends.

Dude, that is downright awesome!!!! I can't begin to tell you how many repairs I got for free from Nikon service last year that I wasn't expecting. Aren't you NPS? Free loaners, only pay shipping!

Jul 28, 2016 at 02:21 PM
MRomine
• • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Heads Up - APS Can Not Service Nikon D750

SGallant wrote:
Dude, that is downright awesome!!!! I can't begin to tell you how many repairs I got for free from Nikon service last year that I wasn't expecting. Aren't you NPS? Free loaners, only pay shipping!

Yes, NPS member. But I generally don't bother with rentals because normally I get my repairs back in a week or less. But as mentioned earlier in this tread APS could not work on the D750 and they had to shipped it on to Melville. The problem with that, they did not tell me they were doing so. So by the time I found out I just rented from LensRentals before checking with NPS. The last few times I asked for a loaner the gear I wanted wasn't available. I should have checked there first.

Jul 28, 2016 at 02:26 PM
SGallant
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Heads Up - APS Can Not Service Nikon D750

MRomine wrote:
Yes, NPS member. But I generally don't bother with rentals because normally I get my repairs back in a week or less. But as mentioned earlier in this tread APS could not work on the D750 and they had to shipped it on to Melville. The problem with that, they did not tell me they were doing so. So by the time I found out I just rented from LensRentals before checking with NPS. The last few times I asked for a loaner the gear I wanted wasn't available. I should have checked there first.

Ah Gotcha. Makes sense. Glad it all worked out.

Jul 28, 2016 at 06:18 PM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.