New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · cutting 220 film

Alexluu627
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · cutting 220 film

Hi guys so got a 220 Portra 400 back from a lab processed and they told me to cut it into 3's. So i began cutting them and notice that theres a gap for me to cut the film on. But after about 12 shots all the pictures were all next to eachother and theres no gap between the pictures. Did i wind my film wrong in my hasselblad A24 back or i this a natural thing?

Jul 19, 2016 at 06:11 PM
EB-1
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · cutting 220 film

There should always be a gap, though it may change in a size a bit. The only time I've seen similar problems in MF cameras is when 120 is used instead of 220 or vice versa.

EBH

Jul 19, 2016 at 06:19 PM
Alexluu627
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · cutting 220 film

EB-1 wrote:
There should always be a gap, though it may change in a size a bit. The only time I've seen similar problems in MF cameras is when 120 is used instead of 220 or vice versa.

EBH

Yeah seems weird to me, it was in the a24 back i doubled check. i lost some edges and had to crop them down a little for the last 8 to 10 shots.

Jul 20, 2016 at 12:39 AM
Norm Shapiro
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · cutting 220 film

Sounds like a problem with the back itself, there should be blank space between all the frames.

Jul 20, 2016 at 07:01 PM
Norm Shapiro
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · cutting 220 film

Sounds like a problem with the back itself, there should be blank space between all the frames.

Jul 20, 2016 at 07:01 PM
jharter
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · cutting 220 film

On my MF cameras, the shutter would not cock until the film was fully advanced. Never used a Hasselblad though. In any case, make sure that you fully advance the film frame to frame.

Jul 24, 2016 at 12:04 AM

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.