Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Pro Digital Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · Now Tamron is doing it (following Sigma)

runamuck
• • • • • •
[X]
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Now Tamron is doing it (following Sigma)

Tamron has a tap-in device that appears the equal to Sigma's dock. This is the first time I have seen it. Sorry if this is old news.
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1233545-REG/tamron_tap_in_console_for_nikon.html

Jul 18, 2016 at 04:43 PM
EB-1
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Now Tamron is doing it (following Sigma)

I wish they would just use a micro-USB port with a rubber cover. The lens-mount docks have to be specific for every camera mount and are bulky for travel.

EBH

Jul 18, 2016 at 06:26 PM
chez
• • • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Now Tamron is doing it (following Sigma)

EB-1 wrote:
I wish they would just use a micro-USB port with a rubber cover. The lens-mount docks have to be specific for every camera mount and are bulky for travel.

EBH

I've never used a dock. I'm under the impression that once a lens is tuned up, you are done. Why do you need to take the dock while traveling?

Jul 19, 2016 at 06:56 AM
Abbott Schindl
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Now Tamron is doing it (following Sigma)

I'm curious about that also. My impression is that firmware updates are needed mostly for two things:
- Add support for cameras that originally weren't supported;
- Fine tune focus parameters

If you're traveling, I assume that you're familiar with the way your lens focuses with your camera(s). If it was me, I wouldn't update camera or lens firmware unless I could test it and be sure that the update didn't break anything. In the case of a lens, I wouldn't want to update the firmware unless I could test and adjust MFA if needed.

Jul 20, 2016 at 12:40 PM
mikeinctown
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Now Tamron is doing it (following Sigma)

Yup, what these guys said ^^^ Why would you travel with a dock anyway? Seems you were just looking for *something* to gripe about that really isn't an issue.

BTW, having a dock for a specific brand of lenses is a sales and marketing strategy. if two lenses are about the same price and quality and I already have a dock for one of them, guess which brand I will buy.

Jul 22, 2016 at 10:56 AM

FM Forums | Pro Digital Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.