Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · I'm glad that I'm too old for this stuff.

BSPhotog
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · I'm glad that I'm too old for this stuff.

http://www.diyphotography.net/apparently-capturing-pokemons-second-shooting-thing-now/

I'm just barely too old for this, but happy about it.

This thread is mostly just to push the thread about vendor meals further down the list .

Jul 18, 2016 at 03:52 PM
jmraso
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · I'm glad that I'm too old for this stuff.

My son is crazy about capturing Pokemons, he sugested we spend a whole day in Madrid city capturing a few, I told him, "ok, but if we are gonna be an entire day chasing pokemos, we will get a break in the middle of the day to get a ...

HOOOOT MEAL !

Sorry pals.

BSPhotog wrote:
http://www.diyphotography.net/apparently-capturing-pokemons-second-shooting-thing-now/

I'm just barely too old for this, but happy about it.

This thread is mostly just to push the thread about vendor meals further down the list .

Jul 18, 2016 at 04:39 PM
glort
• • • •
[X]
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · I'm glad that I'm too old for this stuff.

More factual and inarguable evidence how Dumbed down the world is getting.

I was watching the news while staying at a friends place last week and there were reports of someone getting run over while going onto a road transfixed on their phone while doing this.
When I asked what this was and my friend explained, I thought he was taking the Piss.... or that he was more pissed than I realised given we had been blowing the top off a few.

How brain dead and idiotic are people becoming?

If Someone that was working for me was playing this crap on a job, even my kids, I'd make damn sure they were never game to do it again.

Wandering the streets playing a game of trying to catch imaginary cartoon characters on your phone. Really?

No wonder the world is in a F'ing mess.

Jul 21, 2016 at 07:07 PM
nolaguy
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · I'm glad that I'm too old for this stuff.

Wait a sec.

It's imaginary?

Jul 21, 2016 at 07:15 PM
eke2k6
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · I'm glad that I'm too old for this stuff.

I'm sorry, but why is there so much angst over a video game? Most of you here had your faces buried in Atari, and generations after you had theirs buried in gameboy colors.

Adults play pokemon because they're still the same kids who played the original "cartridges" growing up, and Nintendo is genius for capitalizing on nostalgia.

People are playing the game for the same reason middle-aged men buy the classic cars they had on their childhood bedroom walls. Leave them alone, especially a second shooter who was obviously videoing the ceremony on a tripod. After a while, all ceremonies are exactly the same.

Jul 21, 2016 at 10:36 PM
flash
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · I'm glad that I'm too old for this stuff.

eke2k6 wrote:
I'm sorry, but why is there so much angst over a video game? Most of you here had your faces buried in Atari, and generations after you had theirs buried in gameboy colors.

Adults play pokemon because they're still the same kids who played the original "cartridges" growing up, and Nintendo is genius for capitalizing on nostalgia.

People are playing the game for the same reason middle-aged men buy the classic cars they had on their childhood bedroom walls. Leave them alone, especially a second shooter who was obviously videoing the ceremony on a tripod. After a while, all ceremonies are
...Show more

I agree except for the last part. Anything that get people off their fat arses is great as far as I'm concerned.

However when you're getting paid, you work. What if he's chasing pokemons while one of the cameras goes down?

Gordon

Jul 21, 2016 at 11:07 PM
eke2k6
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · I'm glad that I'm too old for this stuff.

flash wrote:
I agree except for the last part. Anything that get people off their fat arses is great as far as I'm concerned.

However when you're getting paid, you work. What if he's chasing pokemons while one of the cameras goes down?

Gordon

The photo shows the guy standing by the camera, so as far as I see he was right there.

Jul 21, 2016 at 11:46 PM
flash
• • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · I'm glad that I'm too old for this stuff.

eke2k6 wrote:
The photo shows the guy standing by the camera, so as far as I see he was right there.

......playing a game on someone else time. Not acceptable to me. That would be his last Gig with me if I were paying the bills. He could be inside the damn camera but his attention is somewhere else, so he's not really *there* as far as I'm concerned.

Gordon

Jul 22, 2016 at 12:42 AM
glort
• • • •
[X]
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · I'm glad that I'm too old for this stuff.

eke2k6 wrote:

People are playing the game for the same reason middle-aged men buy the classic cars they had on their childhood bedroom walls. Leave them alone, especially a second shooter who was obviously videoing the ceremony on a tripod. After a while, all ceremonies are exactly the same.

So just out of curiosity, do you play/ have you played this game?

Middle aged men buy classic cars because Children can't drive and young men usually don't have the cash or they have other priorities. IMHO, there is a BIG difference to driving a classic car and paying childish video games on your phone.... Especially when you are being paid to do a job.

I would hope ANYONE that I hired to work for me had more maturity, professionalism and Respect for both myself and the client than to do this.

I was NEVER a video game player and I don't drive a classic car. I had a Harley before I was 30 and I'm going to get my uncles classic Table top TRUCK to do up and Drive around.
Anyone know where I can get a good deal on a 12 Valve Cummins and Tranny here in Oz?

Jul 22, 2016 at 02:36 AM
Scott Mosher
• • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · I'm glad that I'm too old for this stuff.

glort wrote:
More factual and inarguable evidence how Dumbed down the world is getting.

I was watching the news while staying at a friends place last week and there were reports of someone getting run over while going onto a road transfixed on their phone while doing this.
When I asked what this was and my friend explained, I thought he was taking the Piss.... or that he was more pissed than I realised given we had been blowing the top off a few.

How brain dead and idiotic are people becoming?

If Someone that was working for me was playing this crap
...Show more

Natural selection at its best

Jul 22, 2016 at 10:03 PM
flash
• • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · I'm glad that I'm too old for this stuff.

glort wrote:

I have it. I'm not a gamer but I'll take any opportunity to get out of the house with my kids for an hour. Because I'm not a gamer they take great delight teaching Dad how to play whilst letting him know how old he is.

Plus I try to learn about what my kids and their friends are in to. It gives me something to communicate with them and shows I'm interested in what they're interested in. Which they take to mean I'm interested in them. When they were younger I learned how to install mods in Minecraft. Now I learn how to play Pokémon.

Gordon

Jul 23, 2016 at 03:52 PM
FrancisK7
• • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · I'm glad that I'm too old for this stuff.

Nintendo was banking a billion a day the first few days after launching, doubling share values. It's an epic comeback. I find it funny to find big groups of random strangers socializing in one spot in some places. It's a fad and it will pass. Meanwhile, as long as no one gets hurt (aka a moron hunting pokemons while driving) it's just a game and people actually have to go outside and walk around places. Do you know what my dear little brother told me the other day? He ain't interested in Pokemon because you have to walk and can't play from the couch. Gamers are lazy. Some vitamin D is good for all of us.

I played Pokemon on the Gameboy color when I was young. Although I'm a gamer I just don't have time hunt pokemons. Who here does? I barely have enough time to wipe my ass these days.

Jul 23, 2016 at 04:58 PM
runamuck
• • • • • •
[X]
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · I'm glad that I'm too old for this stuff.

I still wonder what went through the minds of the pair that walked right off a cliff in California?

Jul 23, 2016 at 05:42 PM
glort
• • • •
[X]
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · I'm glad that I'm too old for this stuff.

runamuck wrote:
I still wonder what went through the minds of the pair that walked right off a cliff in California?

Probably their arses when they hit the Bottom.

Jul 24, 2016 at 01:27 AM
eke2k6
• • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · I'm glad that I'm too old for this stuff.

glort wrote:

Middle aged men buy classic cars because Children can't drive and young men usually don't have the cash or they have other priorities. IMHO, there is a BIG difference to driving a classic car and paying childish video games on your phone.... Especially when you are being paid to do a job.

I would hope ANYONE that I hired to work for me had more maturity, professionalism and Respect for both myself and the client than to do this.

I was NEVER a video game player and I
...Show more

No, I don't. I don't have the time. Still, I avidly played every single new pokemon game up until freshman year of my undergrad.

Young men with cash buy fast modern supercars, so you sort of prove my point there haha

Jul 24, 2016 at 12:48 PM
mikethevilla
• • • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · I'm glad that I'm too old for this stuff.

Grumble, grumble, grumble! I'm an adult!

Gotta keep this post short, as my zombie expansion pack is just about to finish loading. After a few rounds of that, I'll likely go tune my classic car's carburetor and take it for a nice Sunday spin.

Yes, seriously.

Sincerely,
A 27 year-old wedding photographer enjoying his day off

Jul 24, 2016 at 07:26 PM
DougVaughn
• • • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · I'm glad that I'm too old for this stuff.

I agree that I'd be upset if someone was playing it on the job, but on their own time, why not. Like a couple others said, at least it gets them off the couch. Personally, I'm too old to understand or be intrigued by the game, but to each their own as long as they aren't walking around in traffic or driving like I see idiots doing on local new reports. The most humorous thing was people playing others $20 per hour to play for them while they are at work. Crazy.

I can't go out and drive my classic car... yet. It's purchased and due to arrive here in two weeks as soon as the new convertible top is installed. Can't wait.

Jul 24, 2016 at 07:50 PM
BKphotography
• • • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · I'm glad that I'm too old for this stuff.

I don't think I would be into that nonsense, no matter my age.

(Yes, I am far too old for it anyway)

Aug 01, 2016 at 06:15 AM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.