New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · Ripley's Barker

eeneryma
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Ripley's Barker

Times Square, 42nd Street, yesterday afternoon. Ripley's Believe It or Not is a popular attraction, with a Barker outside putting on a show to lure people in. This gentleman attracted a big crowd, promising that he was going to hammer a nail into his head. He kept his promise, and then used the claw on the back of the hammer to extract the nail. Quite a feat. His act reminded me of the side shows at circuses I remembered vividly as a kid, but that are no more. Sword Swallowers, the bearded lady, the tattooed man, the Giant, mostly relics of the past, except on 42nd Street.

Steve

Jul 17, 2016 at 10:22 PM
ben egbert
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Ripley's Barker

Something about your images that seem candid yet capturing a moment that seems planned. The barker at the right moment and gesture. The onlooker who seems more interested in the camera (or camera man). The building in the background is perfectly square. The surprised look on the tattoo man.

Makes you wonder how he does it. Did he have a hole drilled into his head? A trick nail?

Would you call this man Nail head?

Jul 18, 2016 at 08:25 AM
eeneryma
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Ripley's Barker

ben egbert wrote:
Something about your images that seem candid yet capturing a moment that seems planned. The barker at the right moment and gesture. The onlooker who seems more interested in the camera (or camera man). The building in the background is perfectly square. The surprised look on the tattoo man.

Makes you wonder how he does it. Did he have a hole drilled into his head? A trick nail?

Would you call this man Nail head?

The nail was quite real--I'd say 2.5". As part of the show, he let people examine the nail before doing his "trick." He then used alcohol to sanitize it.

We're talking show business here, so "Nail Man" has the flair.

Steve

Jul 18, 2016 at 09:10 AM
eeneryma
• • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Ripley's Barker

AmberFne wrote:
omg i love street maguc

Me too.
Steve

Jul 18, 2016 at 10:31 AM

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.