New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · 7Dmk2 question

godfreyz
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · 7Dmk2 question

Lately I have noticed that when a pic is taken on my 7Dmk2, the lcd monitor will show a pic that is normal followed by the same pic but with certain portions of the pic being blacked out. It keeps doing this loop until I shut off the lcd monitor buton. Any ideas as to why this has occured?

Jul 15, 2016 at 12:03 PM
mitesh
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · 7Dmk2 question

Check your "Highlight Alert" setting. Those "blinkies" are showing you areas of the image in which highlights are blown (overexposure). I think it is under the Playback 3 menu (blue section, third tab).

Jul 15, 2016 at 12:31 PM
godfreyz
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · 7Dmk2 question

Mitesh...thanks so much? That did it. Somehow, I must have enabled that function without realizing it. All is now back to normal. No more "highlighting".

Jul 15, 2016 at 01:23 PM
mitesh
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · 7Dmk2 question

Jul 15, 2016 at 01:36 PM
SeattleBirdMan
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · 7Dmk2 question

A lot of folks really like to have that feature on. When you see a lot of area blinking it means you have portions of the image overexposed and there is no data in there.

For many folks that tells them to let in less light to get an acceptable picture because they are likely going to throw out an image with areas of overexposure. If you don't have that on you may be surprised when looking at them later on the computer and discover you have unusable images that you thought were okay on the back of the lcd.

Jul 15, 2016 at 02:17 PM
howard
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · 7Dmk2 question

Do you mean you see this in every picture?

You may want to check your exposure compensation setting ...

Jul 15, 2016 at 02:44 PM
jmckayak
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · 7Dmk2 question

Agree with SeattleBirdMan, highlight alert is a very useful function. Highlight alert should be the default setting, not something you have to select. Useful to de-select but should be active unless you DON"T want it.

Jul 16, 2016 at 08:18 AM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.